Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2004, 18:09   #1
Roy
Administrator

Arrow Prams, Aeroplanes and hotel rentals....

Quick emergency question for you all.

I managed to wangle a week off and we have just booked a weeks holiday in Turkey. Are we allowed to take prams on aeroplanes? Can it be checked in? The travel agency have closed now so we can't ask them... It's a big pram by the way.

If not do you know if prams are available to hire from hotels in general? In fact I'd rather hire a pram then try to get the pram and our luggage into a cramped lada!

Any advice greatly appreciated!
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-06-2004, 18:09   #2
Roy
Administrator

Re: Prams, Aeroplanes and hotel rentals....

Forgot to mention, we leave in 4 hours!
Old 12-06-2004, 18:24   #3

Aint got a clue mate sorry, but i would think you can check the pram. I have never seen any prams for rent in any hotels that i have stayed in sorry.

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 18:35   #4

i am sure you are allowed to check in prams. You should be able to do this for free if your child is under the age of 2 as you don't not get a luggage allowence for them.

Im not sure if you can rent them at the hotels though. I have never heard of it.

Hope this helps. Have a great holiday

ab
asfc babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 18:37   #5
God Member

just done a quick search roy and easy jet say "we do not carry full size prams" and a germen firm says "While larger sized prams should be checked in as bulky luggage, we offer you the option of taking smaller, light-weight buggies with you to the gate. After landing, you can pick up your pram or buggy at the conveyor belt along with your other check-in baggage"
who are you flying with?

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 18:40   #6
Senior Member+

you always see prams coming out wih luggage, always folded up though...
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 18:41   #7

Just looked in one of the brochures. You really should have rang your Tour Operator to advice them on the pram, but seeing as you can't do that know I suppose you will just have to take a risk.

Also it is possible to hire buggies at some of the hotels but they say it is best to pre book to avoid dissapointment.

Hope it works out

ab
Old 12-06-2004, 18:42   #8
Roy
Administrator

hehe - i thought it was aeroflot, but just done a search on the flight number and it comes up with just 1 russian page and the company is supposedly continental airways... flight PC 8819, never heard of em!
Old 12-06-2004, 18:45   #9
Roy
Administrator

Quote:
Just looked in one of the brochures. You really should have rang your Tour Operator to advice them on the pram, but seeing as you can't do that know I suppose you will just have to take a risk.
everything is always last minute with me, we only picked the tickets up tonight at 9pm - we fly at 4 in the morning!!! oh well...
Old 12-06-2004, 18:49   #10

Just found this on the Continental Airways website:-

Stroller as Checked Baggage
Continental accepts one stroller in lieu of one piece of free baggage. When checked as baggage, all excess, oversize and overweight charges will apply. Continental is not liable for damage to strollers. Excess Valuation may not be purchased for strollers.

So it looks like you can take it!
Have a great time

ab
Old 12-06-2004, 18:57   #11
Roy
Administrator

Quote:
So it looks like you can take it!
Have a great time
Well thanks for that... We'll take it and just see, would rather hire though but i've been searching myself and it looks more like buggies are available than prams so that's no good at nina's age.
Old 12-06-2004, 19:00   #12

All the main Tour Operators state that they are only buggies for hire.

Id just try taking it to the airport. If they say no flicker your eyes at them!!!! Worse case you'd just have to pay a bit extra.

Im off to watch a bit of telly now. Not as good as sitting in the sun though !!

ab
Old 12-06-2004, 19:04   #13
Resident Waffler

Have a nice holiday - if you're still here reading this. Hope all goes well with taking the pram.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 19:10   #14
Roy
Administrator

Quote:
If they say no flicker your eyes at them!!!!
hehe - this just doesn't work in russia, like you said, we'd have to flicker the dollars at them and no problem!

Quote:
Have a nice holiday - if you're still here reading this. Hope all goes well with taking the pram.
Cheers - should defo go to bed now though, but not feeling tired at all! grrr...
Old 12-06-2004, 19:26   #15

Get on the ale like you usually do before you fly Roy :-)
I bet this will be the sober-est (Spelling????) you will ever have been on a plane!!!!

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..