Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-10-2008, 06:59   #16
JFT96

Re: Price of Petrol?

Yes but Fuel Duty is a Tax levied by our government.
To be fair to the oil companies, 30 pence is not bad considering what they have to do, to find, drill, ship, refine, store, ship again, make a bit of profit, sell to the petrol station, and for the station to make a bit of profit.
Now forgive me for being wrong here, but doesn't the Government just sit on their big fat a###'s and take all our money to give to the banks so we can borrow our own loney and pay interest on it?

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-10-2008, 08:00   #17
Apprentice Geriatric

Angry Re: Price of Petrol?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Yes but Fuel Duty is a Tax levied by our government.
To be fair to the oil companies, 30 pence is not bad considering what they have to do, to find, drill, ship, refine, store, ship again, make a bit of profit, sell to the petrol station, and for the station to make a bit of profit.
Now forgive me for being wrong here, but doesn't the Government just sit on their big fat a###'s and take all our money to give to the banks so we can borrow our own loney and pay interest on it?
That’s about it in a nutshell, although your forgot to mention VAT.
Old 22-10-2008, 20:00   #18
God Member

Filled up at 93.6 today .... if I chose to drive the 40 klicks to Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory, I probably could have got it for under 90 cents. I still think that this is a little too much ... I predict that when the major oil companies release their quarterly statements we will still see massive profits.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 22:40   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Filled up at 93.6 today .... if I chose to drive the 40 klicks to Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory, I probably could have got it for under 90 cents. I still think that this is a little too much ... I predict that when the major oil companies release their quarterly statements we will still see massive profits.
Hope you didn’t go to the trouble of digging out your crystal ball to make that prediction Eric. There’s certainly no shame in big business.
Old 30-10-2008, 20:22   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
Hope you didn’t go to the trouble of digging out your crystal ball to make that prediction Eric. There’s certainly no shame in big business.
Nah, it came off the top of my head ... kinda like predicting that the sun will rise in the east tomorrow morning
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2008, 20:39   #21

I have just filled up today 92.9 cents per litre
George Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2008, 20:46   #22
God Member

In Spain today.....1.04 Euros litre for unleaded 95...Thats 80p.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2008, 10:39   #23
Resting in Peace

Well not driving now, I don't really appreciate the impact of the petrol situation, but it must be bad, as mate of mine came round the other day and was telling me it had just cost him 95p to fill his fag light up

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..