Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-01-2008, 21:20   #1

private swimming lessons ??

Hi does any one know of any were in blackburn or surrounding areas that teaches kids swimming
Ive rang daisy feild. and shad any there full at the moment?????
any ideas
howarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-01-2008, 21:25   #2

Re: private swimming lessons ??

have you tried waves as i know they use to do private swimming lessons there.
Old 21-01-2008, 21:29   #3
God Member

We use Johnson's Swimming School on Blackburn Road, Darwen.

Tel no 01254 704488

It is a small family business. The pool is 10m long and all one depth, no deep end. Very good for beginners who need to build their confidence up.
Old 21-01-2008, 21:30   #4
God Member

I know its not blackburn - I have known Tash for years

Info taken from Recognised Starfish Swim Schools

Aquatone Swimming SchoolPool(s):Mill Street, Great Harwood, BB6 7NNTelephone:01254 887272 / 07803 694090Email:n/aContact:Natasha Newell

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2008, 21:35   #5
God Member

Three years ago I paid up front for a course at Hyndburn Sports Centre.
The lessons were daytime and straight after school swimming, so the pool reeked of chlorine after they all had a pee in it.
There were 4 of us beginners being taught at the same time by one instructor.
I had to give up after wrenching a shoulder muscle on the 3rd lesson, so I still can't swim, but not tempted to go back there again.

Last edited by MargaretR; 21-01-2008 at 21:40.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2008, 21:47   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Three years ago I paid up front for a course at Hyndburn Sports Centre.
The lessons were daytime and straight after school swimming, so the pool reeked of chlorine after they all had a pee in it.
There were 4 of us beginners being taught at the same time by one instructor.
I had to give up after wrenching a shoulder muscle on the 3rd lesson, so I still can't swim, but not tempted to go back there again.
I've heard that Hyndburn Sports Centre's swimming lessons aren't much cop for children or adults, Margaret.
Old 21-01-2008, 21:54   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I've heard that Hyndburn Sports Centre's swimming lessons aren't much cop for children or adults, Margaret.

Hyndburn Sports centre as a whole leaves a lot to be desired
Old 21-01-2008, 23:31   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
yeh me too.
Old 21-01-2008, 23:32   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
We use Johnson's Swimming School on Blackburn Road, Darwen.

Tel no 01254 704488

It is a small family business. The pool is 10m long and all one depth, no deep end. Very good for beginners who need to build their confidence up.
Yeh, took my lad to Johnsons when the father was running it, think the son there now and found them more than acceptable.

Course, depends how much money you are prepared to spend Howarth; the private gyms e.g. Dunk, JJB, Next Generation run excellent classes for youngsters, but obviously do cost.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2008, 09:04   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by howarth View Post
Hi does any one know of any were in blackburn or surrounding areas that teaches kids swimming
Ive rang daisy feild. and shad any there full at the moment?????
any ideas
hi howarth,my kids had to go on a waiting list for 6 months for swimming lessons, its pretty much the same everywhere, when you do get a place you automatically keep your place until you want to leave, thats why there is a lack of places availible, i know its a pain but if you can accept anytime anyday then the waiting time reduces
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2008, 11:40   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post

Info taken from Recognised Starfish Swim Schools

Aquatone Swimming SchoolPool(s):Mill Street, Great Harwood, BB6 7NNTelephone:01254 887272 / 07803 694090Email:n/aContact:Natasha Newell

hi yes natasha newells school of swimming, she taught my eldess son years ago at quegs privat school in blackburn........

many thanks to all of you for your help xx
howarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2008, 12:07   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by howarth View Post
hi yes natasha newells school of swimming, she taught my eldess son years ago at quegs privat school in blackburn........

many thanks to all of you for your help xx
thats good then you will know her style of teaching... she tailors it to each individual but can be quite tough... but I believe the kids definately benefit

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2008, 14:45   #13
God Member

Our little `un goes to the `BIG FISH SWIM SCHOOL` which is down at the Dunkenhalgh leisure club, can highly recommend it, our daughter was swimming without her bands within 12 weeks. have`nt got the number on me but i can get it if you want.
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:49   #14

Big Fish Swim Skool is excellent. Check out their website www.bigfishswimskool.co.uk They have lessons at the Dunkenhalgh, QEGS and the Clarion. Lessons are really small and teachers are excellent and professional. Janine Willacy runs it, her mobile is 0774 302 9303
Mrs Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 17:12   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Jones View Post
Big Fish Swim Skool is excellent. Check out their website www.bigfishswimskool.co.uk They have lessons at the Dunkenhalgh, QEGS and the Clarion. Lessons are really small and teachers are excellent and professional. Janine Willacy runs it, her mobile is 0774 302 9303

Although expensive.............! and long terms to be paid up front, Gt Harwood do them in smaller terms and cost a lot less.
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..