Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-01-2007, 21:59   #31
Resident Waffler

Re: pub lunch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASPER View Post
I went last week and got told off for eating bag of crisps that they sold me by mistake. Confused, I most certainly was.

Yes I'm confused. How could they sell you crisps by mistake?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-01-2007, 07:27   #32
Senior Member+

I'm also confused.

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2007, 10:06   #33

Re: Oaklea.
I went to the bar and ordered a white wine, a coke, a bag of cheese and onion crisps and a bag of quavers. The barmaid put the drinks and crisps on the bar but couldn't find the codes on the till for the crisps, she said that they'd had problems with the electricity earlier and it had affected the tills. She said she would have to go and check the codes with someone so I paid for the drinks and told her that I would pay for the crisps when she returned.

I took the drinks to the table and then took the crisps and we started eating them (we were hungry, we had planned to eat there but they don't serve food until 5pm) . When the barmaid returned she was not happy that I had taken the crisps off the bar, even though I offered to pay for them. She told us that she is not allowed to sell them, that is why there is no code on the till for them. We offered to give them back, however as we had eaten half of them she reluctently took the money for them instead.

I am confused as we still don't know why she could not sell them to us, no explanation was given. I don't blame the barmaid, she was just following instructions and she looked as confused as we were. To be honest I got the impression that she was worried that she would be in trouble.

It did put us off the Oaklea, which is a shame because they have done a fantastic job of doing it up and we now need to look for somewhere else for our group to go for a meal.
Old 22-01-2007, 11:02   #34
God Member

Try the Crown a liitle further down Whalley Road Casper, although I think they only do meals at lunchtimes and Friday evenings, 5 till 7pm.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2007, 11:26   #35

I will, Friday 5 o'clock is just right. Hey it's crackerjack!
Sorry, just having a mad moment
Old 22-01-2007, 11:28   #36
God Member

Quote:
Re: Oaklea.
I went to the bar and ordered a white wine, a coke, a bag of cheese and onion crisps and a bag of quavers. The barmaid put the drinks and crisps on the bar but couldn't find the codes on the till for the crisps, she said that they'd had problems with the electricity earlier and it had affected the tills. She said she would have to go and check the codes with someone so I paid for the drinks and told her that I would pay for the crisps when she returned.

I took the drinks to the table and then took the crisps and we started eating them (we were hungry, we had planned to eat there but they don't serve food until 5pm) . When the barmaid returned she was not happy that I had taken the crisps off the bar, even though I offered to pay for them. She told us that she is not allowed to sell them, that is why there is no code on the till for them. We offered to give them back, however as we had eaten half of them she reluctently took the money for them instead.

I am confused as we still don't know why she could not sell them to us, no explanation was given. I don't blame the barmaid, she was just following instructions and she looked as confused as we were. To be honest I got the impression that she was worried that she would be in trouble.

It did put us off the Oaklea, which is a shame because they have done a fantastic job of doing it up and we now need to look for somewhere else for our group to go for a meal.
try Pm'ing accyjay direct as he is the one running the Oaklea and I am sure he wouldn't want you to be unhappy with the service you feel you received there

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2007, 11:39   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
try Pm'ing accyjay direct as he is the one running the Oaklea and I am sure he wouldn't want you to be unhappy with the service you feel you received there
The service was fine. It's silly rules that I don't like.
Old 22-01-2007, 13:26   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
The service was fine. It's silly rules that I don't like.
I understand now. The item was removed from the till during a power failure. This was a glitch with the software, that has been retified now. Niether myself nor Kate new that there had been a problem until i read this thread earlier today.

The member of staff was probably worried about there being a stock discrepency, & that her till would have been incorrect when counted.

Like i said, i wasn't aware of the incident. Could you please tell me when & at what time the problem was?

Old 22-01-2007, 13:30   #39
God Member

dont , he'll sack the barmaid
Old 22-01-2007, 13:36   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
dont , he'll sack the barmaid
lol

I just want to get a better understanding of the situation. Maybe some more staff training is required. If i don't know about a problem, then i can't resolve the issue, & therefore can't prevent it from happening again.

Old 22-01-2007, 13:39   #41
God Member

the only thing you can do about that jay is explain what would happen if that situation arose again, you couldnt predict that the tills where gonna go down
Old 22-01-2007, 14:26   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyJay View Post
I understand now. The item was removed from the till during a power failure. This was a glitch with the software, that has been retified now. Niether myself nor Kate new that there had been a problem until i read this thread earlier today.

The member of staff was probably worried about there being a stock discrepency, & that her till would have been incorrect when counted.

Like i said, i wasn't aware of the incident. Could you please tell me when & at what time the problem was?

So it wasn't because you don't serve food (or crisps) until 5 o'clock? This was all we could come up with.

It was about 4 o'clock (give or take) Friday 12th Jan.

Please don't sack the barmaid, she tried to sort it out.
Old 22-01-2007, 16:36   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
So it wasn't because you don't serve food (or crisps) until 5 o'clock? This was all we could come up with.

It was about 4 o'clock (give or take) Friday 12th Jan.

Please don't sack the barmaid, she tried to sort it out.
We serve food:

Mon - Fri 12:00pm - 2:30pm & 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Sat & Sun 12:00pm - 8:00pm

We serve crisps all day.

The problem that we had, was that after the power had been restored, the tills reset themselves to the opening day settings. The crisp weren't added to the till system until about a week later.

Old 22-01-2007, 16:44   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
I go to a brewers fair in Darwen that is nice and great for the kids with a huge indoor play area.

I forget the name at the moment but its right next to the travel lodge.
Love it there. Its brilliant. Highly recommend it.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2007, 16:52   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyJay View Post
We serve food:

Mon - Fri 12:00pm - 2:30pm & 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Sat & Sun 12:00pm - 8:00pm

We serve crisps all day.

The problem that we had, was that after the power had been restored, the tills reset themselves to the opening day settings. The crisp weren't added to the till system until about a week later.

makes you wonder how we managed for all those years when staff used to be able to add up prices and make change in their heads
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..