Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-11-2012, 10:28   #1
Senior Member+

recycling collection

anyone on recycleing round 3 (fridays), mine hasnt been collected yet (whole street) just wondering if anyone else has had theirs picked up, been on website but cant see any info

join me on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/61983378@N07/
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-11-2012, 10:47   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: recycling collection

Dunno what round ours is, but usually collected early doors, no sign yet?
Old 16-11-2012, 11:19   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Dunno what round ours is, but usually collected early doors, no sign yet?
Just done ours now, so should be round at some point.
Old 16-11-2012, 11:20   #4
God Member

Mine's just been picked up
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2012, 11:34   #5
Senior Member+

cheers cashy

join me on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/61983378@N07/
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2012, 15:34   #6
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Anyone noticed? When recycling started we had a big wagon come down the front, (some genius hadn't measured the back allies preventing them coming that way).

So, we had alternate fortnightly collections bin wagon around the back, recycle around the front.
we now have, bin wagon, then two different recycle wagons collecting different stuff, one for cans, I think the other's for glass, AND a van with a cage collecting cardboard.

How much recyclable do they need to collect to cover the diesel, never mind the man power being employed?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2012, 06:34   #7
Resting in Peace

Ours is collected on friday and was done by 10am although the only person i saw was 1 man with 3 separate wheelie bins filling them with the cardboard,tins,plastic and glass.
no sign of the van .
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2012, 00:17   #8
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Ours is collected on friday and was done by 10am although the only person i saw was 1 man with 3 separate wheelie bins filling them with the cardboard,tins,plastic and glass.
no sign of the van .
Maybe the wagon went the wrong way at Willows lane and became stuck under the railway bridge. You may think I am joking but it appears that whoever obtained the new recycling wagons did not check on the bridge height and now they have to make a detour because they can't go under the bridge.

It would be good if a councillor could confirm this as true or just someone winding me up. I laughed when I was told and hoped it was a joke.
Old 20-11-2012, 13:11   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Anyone noticed? When recycling started we had a big wagon come down the front, (some genius hadn't measured the back allies preventing them coming that way).

So, we had alternate fortnightly collections bin wagon around the back, recycle around the front.
we now have, bin wagon, then two different recycle wagons collecting different stuff, one for cans, I think the other's for glass, AND a van with a cage collecting cardboard.

How much recyclable do they need to collect to cover the diesel, never mind the man power being employed?
recycle to save the planet and burn off 3 x more fossil fuel in doing so

what make sit wors eis that most of the stuff collected ends up dumped on someone elses doorstep like india to worry about or stuck in storage units at great expense to us because no one wants to buy it

the tip no longer seperates plastic from no recycleable rubbish because the company that purchased it has gone bust because no one wants it

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 20:25   #10

Ive noticed (it may how it appears) that we send all our time seperating into 3 different containers/bags then they dump it all in the same section in the wagon??? Im' not sure if it has an internal seperation majiger but it doesnt look that way?? whats going on with this target thing too, where someone is supposed to be chosen for a reduction on their council tax if they recycle regularly and we meet the target?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..