Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-10-2009, 17:51   #1
Resting in Peace

Red Ribbon

Which member has cut the Red Ribbon this week and on what occasion ?

Karma to the first person who gets it ....
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-10-2009, 20:00   #2
God Member

Re: Red Ribbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Which member has cut the Red Ribbon this week and on what occasion ?

Karma to the first person who gets it ....
Is cutting the red ribbon some sort of idiosyncratic Lancashire term for something else? Does it need translation? As in "Who cut the cheese in the pub last night? And how many were hurt in the rush to the exits?"
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2009, 20:02   #3
God Member

i reckon its Gayle
Old 29-10-2009, 20:19   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
i reckon its Gayle
Ah ... so it was an actual red ribbon, not a metaphor .... my guess would be Gayle too .... and possibly something to do with the Coppice
Old 29-10-2009, 20:49   #5
God Member

I'll have a few of guesses

1: Garinda putting the finishing touch to yet another hat he's made for the Queen.

2: Bagpuss opening a new day center for non-english speaking Polish and Romanian immigrants

3: Cashman unveiling a statue of Maggie Thatcher in he's front garden

Am I close?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2009, 21:12   #6
God Member

It was Neil, shame his mug shows up more in the photo than the ribbon
Old 29-10-2009, 21:22   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I'll have a few of guesses

1: Garinda putting the finishing touch to yet another hat he's made for the Queen.

2: Bagpuss opening a new day center for non-english speaking Polish and Romanian immigrants

3: Cashman unveiling a statue of Maggie Thatcher in he's front garden

Am I close?
Maybe ... but close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.
Old 29-10-2009, 21:50   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
It was Neil, shame his mug shows up more in the photo than the ribbon
You are correct Lancsdave ... Neil cutting the red tape to a new extension to the Rhyddings Park play area. Just my way of saying well done!! Looks really good. Should I curtsey next time I see him. ?

Of course, we have got P.B. holding this ribbon tightly for Neil to snip through it ... hope was a clean cut ....

Sorry Eric/Mancie ... brilliant suggestions, but would have had to have had the early edition of the Observer to get this, but made me chuckle.
Old 29-10-2009, 21:52   #9
God Member

ooo i'll look forward to reading that tomorrow....think i'll cut the pic out and put it above the fire
Old 29-10-2009, 22:04   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
ooo i'll look forward to reading that tomorrow....think i'll cut the pic out and put it above the fire
.... or in it.
Old 29-10-2009, 22:14   #11
God Member

Ah ... I couldn't find anything about it in the Observer on line ... no mention of Canada's setting aside of 250 million acres of forest to help the environment either. But I did enjoy the article "The World's Best Job ... A Holland's Pie taster."

Oh, and congrats Neil ... from what I read on here you deserve recognition for your work on Rhyddings Park ...

How's the goat doing by the way.
Old 29-10-2009, 22:32   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
.... or in it.
LOL .. wasn't quite sure if Flashy had some undertones of satanic ritual either Eric. Sort of slow roasting ?
Old 30-10-2009, 02:48   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Ah .... But I did enjoy the article "The World's Best Job ... A Holland's Pie taster."

think from a story a few years back the taste of human flesh (Hannibal Lecter) was a requirement for this job ........can any Accy webbers confirm this ?

Last edited by steeljack; 30-10-2009 at 02:52.
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009, 07:31   #14
God Member

wasnt that supposed to be that asian woman who was killed in accy a few years ago?....only heard rumours of course

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..