Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-04-2009, 13:37   #31
God Member

Re: Refund or not?

if your going to send amy letters to the shop send them recorded delivery so he vant say he didnt receive them

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-04-2009, 13:47   #32

Letter is finished just needs sending, i hadnt thought of recorded delivery but thats a very good idea.

Last edited by Mick; 30-04-2009 at 04:46. Reason: edited at the posters request
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2009, 13:50   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Letter is finished just needs sending, i hadnt thought of recorded delivery but thats a very good idea.
Good Luck.

Last edited by Mick; 30-04-2009 at 04:46.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2009, 14:59   #34
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I would suggest you take someone else with you as well. If he gets a little excited you will have a witness.
Old 29-04-2009, 17:34   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I would suggest you take someone else with you as well. If he gets a little excited you will have a witness.
yeah a few dozen angry villagers and some torches

or accringtons equivalent

2 fat chicks and a broken bottle

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 29-04-2009, 17:36   #36

LMAO, that would be a funny sight.....and would probably get me a refund lol.

Anyone know if i have to accept a repair/replacement or can i insist on a refund?
Old 29-04-2009, 17:59   #37
Senior Member+

If it's faulty and you have proof of purchase you can insist on a refund.
Old 29-04-2009, 20:45   #38
God Member

There was quite a bit of faffing about here, giving plenty of opportunity for the shop owner to put things right, in my opinion, as soon as there was the possibility of a legal issue/fraudulent supply, that should have been the end of conversation etc with the shop owner, police, microsoft, and tranding standards should have been informed, this is the reason there are so many rogue traders around, apathy, and the people who get a refund etc, are in the 'Im alright Jack' category, make these traders face up to thier responsibilities, whether you get a refund or not!
Old 29-04-2009, 21:16   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman
if your going to send amy letters to the shop
Who's amy? Why would he send letters for her to a computer shop?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2009, 21:47   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
There was quite a bit of faffing about here, giving plenty of opportunity for the shop owner to put things right, in my opinion, as soon as there was the possibility of a legal issue/fraudulent supply, that should have been the end of conversation etc with the shop owner, police, microsoft, and tranding standards should have been informed, this is the reason there are so many rogue traders around, apathy, and the people who get a refund etc, are in the 'Im alright Jack' category, make these traders face up to thier responsibilities, whether you get a refund or not!
Well i have been waiting for the replacement battery for 6weeks, heard soooooo many excuses as to why thats not arrived yet.

It started with "I couldnt get one from this country so its coming from china"

Then it changed to "It came in on my day off and one of my staff sold it to another customer" (what a coincidence, someone has the same laptop as me and chooses that day to go and buy one from the same shop.....I smell BS).

Then it changed again to "the warehouse in china has sold out and im waiting for them to get a delivery, be a couple of days".

To be honest i have had enough of messing around waiting for him to sort things out, anything i can do now to make his life hard work i will.

Im also going to refuse a replacement/repair on the grounds that i dont trust him or his workmanship.

Oh and he obviously knew about the battery fault as when i asked to look at the laptop the first thing he did was plug it in. (which TBH i should have been suspicious about but i didnt think anything of it).

Gonna go and hand deliver that letter tommorrow (will also send one by recorded delivery just as proof he recieved it).

Anyone know a local contact number for trading standards or even better do they have an office or similar round here?
Old 29-04-2009, 22:07   #41
God Member

Lancashire County Council Trading Standards

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2009, 12:00   #42

Forgot to mention one of his other excuses for refusing the refund.

"how do i know you havent downloaded something that messed up windows".

Yes mate because i found a virus that has somehow convinced my copy of vista that its not genuine. I honestly dont think the guy knows anything about computers.
Old 30-04-2009, 12:26   #43
God Member

just to be clear as it may have got lost amongst the pages of this thread which shop was it again that sold you a faulty laptop with a pirated vista operating system on it?

Last edited by accyman; 30-04-2009 at 12:29.
Old 30-04-2009, 12:53   #44
God Member

I`ll be avoiding it at all costs................
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2009, 15:15   #45

Well the drama continues.

Went in today to hand deliver the letter, took two copies with me, handed him one which he read in front of me. I then asked him to sign the other copy as proof he had recieved it.

He gave me back both copies and said "take them somewhere else i dont want them here".

I explained to him that if he was unwilling to accept or reply to this letter that i would have to take further action.

He then became aggrevated and said "You wanna get cocky with me, ill show you what cocky is. I dont want to see or hear from you again now leave my shop"

I explained to him that everything in that letter was legal and that him refusing to accept the letter will probably make things more difficult for him should the case have to go to court. His face was a picture when court was mentioned and he continued to rant and rave at me which no matter how hard i tried not to made me smile.

To be fair his employee (who has always seemed quite a nice genuine guy) asked me what the problem was only to be told by his boss "shut up, dont talk to him"

To be honest i was half expecting this sort of response from him, after i left his shop i went up to the CAB, gonna go back and see them again in morning to find out what the next step is.

Normally someone shouting at me would get shouted at back, but i just remembered what cashy said -dont get mad, get even- everything he said just made the thought of taking him to court more and more appealing.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..