Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-04-2009, 15:19   #46
God Member

Re: Refund or not?

Good luck with it all... hope they get what they deserve
Old 30-04-2009, 15:20   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyLass28 View Post
Good luck with it all... hope they get what they deserve
I cant do that, would ruin the court case.

But fingers crossed will get sorted out.
Old 30-04-2009, 15:29   #48
God Member

good luck man , common sense is to keep customers happy , i know some buisnesses suffer customers who moan at teh slightest thing and desrve to be told to stuff off but a faulty item form day one and teh software issue is bang out of order and shodl have been sorted out with as little fuss as possible

word of mouth can be just as bad for a buisness as it can be good

you can have 100 happy customers but how they treat the unhappy one shows a buisnesses true colours

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2009, 16:56   #49
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Well a Google search for "Kings Computers Accrington" shows this thread up as second from the top

Nothing like good advertising for your business

So this is what have we learnt from this thread so far.

Kings Computers do not adhere to the Sale of Goods Act and are quite threatening to customers who expect to receive their legal rights.

They also sell PC's with illegal pirate copies of Microsoft Windows XP on them
Old 30-04-2009, 17:05   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Well a Google search for "Kings Computers Accrington" shows this thread up as second from the top

Nothing like good advertising for your business

So this is what have we learnt from this thread so far.

Kings Computers do not adhere to the Sale of Goods Act and are quite threatening to customers who expect to receive their legal rights.

They also sell PC's with illegal pirate copies of Microsoft Windows XP on them
All of the above is correct, except it was Vista not XP.

The funny thing is i cost him a customer today as there were two lads in the shop (one had a wad of cash in his hand and was looking at a PC), as soon as the guy started having a go at me the lads walked out.

He picked the wrong person to sell dodgy stuff to, i have to wonder though how many other people have recieved this sort of customer service from him, im very stubborn and impossible to intimidate, but there are people who would probably back down to that kind of bullying.....luckily im not one of them.
Old 30-04-2009, 17:17   #51
God Member

it was vista despite a valid key for xp been on the bottom of th laptop if i remember correctly

the most outstanding issue to me is that fact that it was sold faulty and nothing was done to rectify the fault apart from excuses and threats

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2009, 17:24   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
it was vista despite a valid key for xp been on the bottom of th laptop if i remember correctly

the most outstanding issue to me is that fact that it was sold faulty and nothing was done to rectify the fault apart from excuses and threats
Yup thats correct.

At first i wasnt too bothered about having to wait for the battery but 6 weeks is a long time.....I could have designed and built my own quicker.

Doubt ill ever see that battery, but id rather just have rid of this laptop and go to a reputable shop and get a different one.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:26   #53

Spoke to consumer direct again just now, explained what happened with the letter.

Been advised to send a copy by recorded delivery and give him a deadline of 7days to respond in writing, if he fails to respond (which judging from his past responses is highly likely) then i have to ring them back again.

So for the next 7days there probably wont be much progress to report although i will pop into his shop now and again just to remind him that im not gonna go away :-).

Is it wrong that im looking forward to seeing him suffer?
Old 01-05-2009, 11:33   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Spoke to consumer direct again just now, explained what happened with the letter.

Been advised to send a copy by recorded delivery and give him a deadline of 7days to respond in writing, if he fails to respond (which judging from his past responses is highly likely) then i have to ring them back again.

So for the next 7days there probably wont be much progress to report although i will pop into his shop now and again just to remind him that im not gonna go away :-).

Not at all
Old 01-05-2009, 16:55   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post

If you are giving him 7 days to respond then let him have the 7 days. If you keep going in the shop during those 7 days he could quite easily turn things round and accuse you of harrassment.

Do you not know anybody who could pretend to be a reporter
Old 01-05-2009, 17:09   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
If you are giving him 7 days to respond then let him have the 7 days. If you keep going in the shop during those 7 days he could quite easily turn things round and accuse you of harrassment.

Do you not know anybody who could pretend to be a reporter
Never mind pretending to be a reporter, I woul have contacted the local papers by now
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 22:31   #57
God Member

How have ya got on with this since then?
Old 06-05-2009, 22:53   #58
Senior Member+

kings computers? Hehe they are at top of my street. I certainly wouldn't buy a hard drive from them after seeing how he handles them.....
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 16:29   #59
JFT96

Well I hope you have reported him to Microsoft, just in ase you nee it the web site you need is: How to Tell

keep us informed how you go on

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 16:32   #60
JFT96

Just googled it and its top now, hehehe

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..