Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2003, 09:18   #1

Post Renting in Accrington

Will be looking to rent a house in Accy towards the end of the year and was wondering if anyone had any info on the best companies/people to rent from.
Will be two of us and will be looking at renting for about 80 - 100 quid a week.
Looking around the hospital area or top of Avenue Parade on the left side, near the primary school.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old 08-08-2003, 12:15   #2
Caz
God Member

Post Re: Renting in Accrington

Try Magenta Property Services 01254 889793

What ever you do, stay away from Sterling Properties, you never get anything done

Might be a good idea to order a weekly copy of the Accrington Observer from your newsagent for the homes section.
When I lived in Blackburn they got it for me there.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 12:36   #3

Brilliant.
Cheers Cazzer
Old 08-08-2003, 12:46   #4
Caz
God Member

you're welcome.

Magenta are pretty flexible with their deposits too, and their rents are from £60 up. they have one or two grotty places which they obviously try to show you first, but most are fine. Only moved out of the one I was in due to personal circumstances. Repairs done pretty quick too.

- Oscar Wilde
Old 08-08-2003, 15:37   #5

I am ideally loking for something three bedroomed. Me and a mate are moving in, so its gonna be a bedroom each and a general chill out room. All the games consoles, dvds, tv. Somewhere I can put loads of bean bags where we can relax!
And I want it close-ish to the centre, because hopefully thats where I will be working. And where we can go to a pub in town at night for a swift half a shandy and a game of pool!
A house on Avenue Parade at the top would be great for us.
Old 12-08-2003, 00:09   #6
Junior Member+

If you still want any help Damers, I have been known to get on a mission or two. Ask Oscar or Big G  ;D ;D ;D

Just letting you know I can usually be of assistance with stuff like that. Call in at the shop.
GinaGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 19:04   #7

Cheers Gina. Will keep that in mind. Need to find a job first though
Old 17-08-2003, 01:45   #8
KI

Hey damers, was wondering if you had any luck with the Magenta Company, as im also looking to move to accrington because of work.  Did they get you sorted okay ?  Are the propertys nice ?  Any info would be much appreciated
KI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2003, 13:57   #9
Caz
God Member

Just a thought. If you don't manage to find anything. Hyndburn council have a list of what they call "Fast Track" housing. You can usually get in these properties pretty quick. They may not be the best properties in the best areas, but if you are still stuck for somewhere, might be worth a look, if it's only till you find somewhere more suitable.

Main council number is 01254 388111

- Oscar Wilde
Old 28-08-2003, 08:50   #10
Junior Member+

I have dealt with a company called Eaves Brook on numerous occasions and they seem to be very good. Not sure of contact details, but im sure you could find them easily enough.
craigos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2003, 09:05   #11
tracey33 and angie35

eaves brook is on warner street accrington dont know tel number
Old 28-08-2003, 09:19   #12
Neal Parry

EavesBrook are quite a good company. Very strict and look after their tenants' needs.  I know a few people who use this company over the Burnley area and they are very happy with their service.

I'm not sure what the contact number is, but i'll try and find out.
Old 28-08-2003, 09:34   #13
I am Banned

I use EavesBrooke ATM  But no idea of contact details
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2003, 09:53   #14
Caz
God Member

Eavesbrook - 01772 768822

- Oscar Wilde

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..