Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2009, 17:27   #1

rhumatoid arthritis

DO any of you suffer from rhumatoid arthritis and how bad have you got it and what treatment are you having ,
pussycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-02-2009, 19:02   #2
Passed away 25-11-09

Re: rhumatoid arthritis

I have 2 friends with rheumatoid arthritis and both have been quite poorly at times. One started with it when she was just in her 20s. If you have it, Pussycat, I really sympathise with you.

I have osteoarthritis in several joints and my lower back but not too severely, as yet, and it doesn't interfere with my life too much. Of the 2 types I think I have the least bad.
Old 04-02-2009, 20:29   #3

yeah i do have it , im on injections every two weeks and weekly tablets and daily tablets , i have it most of my joints , and now its even starting to affect my tendons in my ankles , i just thought if others on here have it we could talk about it and be there for each other , im 36 ,
Old 04-02-2009, 22:10   #4
Resting in Peace

Sorry to hear that,but there are over 200 types,you need to find out which one you have.

I'm greedy I've got 2 types Osteo and Polymyalgia Rheumatica.
The second one is easy to treat if caught early but as it took 23 years to diagnose it there is not much hope.
Can't take pain killers either because of stomach problems.
Still you're never alone when you've got it.

There are loads of web sites on Google,Hope you find one that helps.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 18:43   #5
TJH

I have Rhumatoid arthritis, Ive always had problems with my knees and at age 25 my doctor sent me for tests and the rest is history. I couldnt walk upstairs etc at 26 but have not got my medication sorted and weight down and although it effects me every day i still have a very active life. Iam 27 and find the best way of keeping the pain away is to keep busy. Sadly my Ex Wife used it as a reason to leave me.
TJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 19:03   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJH View Post
I have Rhumatoid arthritis, Ive always had problems with my knees and at age 25 my doctor sent me for tests and the rest is history. I couldnt walk upstairs etc at 26 but have not got my medication sorted and weight down and although it effects me every day i still have a very active life. Iam 27 and find the best way of keeping the pain away is to keep busy. Sadly my Ex Wife used it as a reason to leave me.
im so sorry about that ,
Old 05-02-2009, 19:07   #7
TJH

These things happen, but if you wake up every morning what more can you ask. I know people do get bad depression from Rhumatoid Arthritis and although easy to say, there is no real too. Its a case of looking after yourself and getting help if you need it.
TJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..