Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-10-2006, 12:00   #1
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Question rhyddings uniform??

Does anyone know where I can buy decent sweatshirts for rhyddings school? tried one shop and the jumper is already faded and gone..well crap, and they only been back 4 weeks! , surely there must be other shops in accy that sell em!
Old 15-10-2006, 12:41   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: rhyddings uniform??

Not throwing out any aspersions on your washing skills Panther, but could be the incorrect washing powder is being used here, or too high a temperature.

What does the content label say, cotton or is it polyester based ?

If you are using any washing powder other than the
Colour Care products, they will contain what is known as Optical Bleaching Agents and will either mask or fade the colour. Cotton does fade out naturally over time, but not so quickly. If polyester/acrylic based then you are definitely using the wrong product. Other than that, is a manfacturing problem, which is rare nowadays.

Hope you not offended.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2006, 17:53   #3
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

actually use non bio products, and my other kids jumper doesnt fade or go baggy probably cuz its a trutex brand, but the rhyddings one is so rubbish you can tell with the feel, but like i said dont know where to get a better brand! SO DOES ANYONE KNOW!
Old 18-10-2006, 21:31   #4
God Member

IMHO I think schools that have sweatshirts look untidy and TBH scruffy. When I was at Rhyddings it was shirt and tie for all. Blazers were optional, jumpers too.

We looked a darn sight tidier than the kids I see knocking around ossy.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2006, 22:24   #5
Resident Waffler

Moorhead has shirt and tie and sweatshirt. The latter is instead of the woolly jumper we had in my day.

The only place I know that does uniforms is the shop on Abbey St.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2006, 22:59   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther
actually use non bio products, and my other kids jumper doesnt fade or go baggy probably cuz its a trutex brand, but the rhyddings one is so rubbish you can tell with the feel, but like i said dont know where to get a better brand! SO DOES ANYONE KNOW!
Shouldn't still be using non-bio on coloureds Panther, however, sounds as if the dyeing on this product is not a very high quality anyway.

Why don't you try asking your son/daughter to ask the other pupils where their mothers purchased their sweatshirts from, etc., and if they are all going the same way ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2006, 14:25   #7
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp

The only place I know that does uniforms is the shop on Abbey St.
exactly!! thats why i was asking if there was anywhere else!
Old 24-10-2006, 19:44   #8

I hate uniforms... i dont feel comfy in them. I also think they look scroofy too and they is no personality to them.
AccyAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2006, 02:03   #9

There's a shop in Blackburn on Ainsworth Street, called Whittakers I think they do the actual embroidery badges on the clothing. But have a feeling it's the same supplier (fruit of the loom) for the sweatshirts.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..