Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-05-2013, 06:44   #1

Rossendale Online

For the last two days i have been trying to register with Rossendale Online.
When i click on Register the following comes up
"Sorry Registration has been disabled by the administrator"
What does this mean ?. Would the site be having hiccups.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Aussie Irene is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-05-2013, 07:22   #2

Re: Rossendale Online

HI Irene
The site has been having major problems for a while now with new members not being able to join.

No-one seems to be interested in fixing the site and although I can still log on being a member it has gone like a ghost ship on there.
anzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 08:07   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzac View Post
HI Irene
The site has been having major problems for a while now with new members not being able to join.

No-one seems to be interested in fixing the site and although I can still log on being a member it has gone like a ghost ship on there.
I'm a member too Anzac but haven't been on for years, might try later
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 08:08   #4
Resting in Peace

Why would anyone come on this site and expect to get help registering on another site ?
Anyway the answer is exactly as it says

It means you cant register to join the site at the moment
The site owner or Admin don't want new members at the moment

hope this helps (don't know why I did this)
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 08:16   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Why would anyone come on this site and expect to get help registering on another site ?

Because your a sharing caring person Mick, jaysay stands back and waits for Less to reply
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 08:25   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post

The reason being Mick, i would have thought that only someone on the Rossendale site would be able to answer my question. I asked a question and don't expect a lecture. After all there is a link from this site
Old 27-05-2013, 08:53   #7
Senior Member+

Mic, you should take it as a compliment that someone thinks they can get help on Accyweb on ANY matter. I very rarely go on top Blackburn oir Rosendale sites, though I am registered, but I see them as sister-sites to this one, which is, head and shoulders above any other Lancashire one that I have looked at.
susie123 likes this.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 09:21   #8
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Irene View Post
The reason being Mick, i would have thought that only someone on the Rossendale site would be able to answer my question. I asked a question and don't expect a lecture. After all there is a link from this site
I don't think Mick was giving you a lecture Irene......he was just stating a fact.
Accyweb is definitely head and shoulders above other sites.
The fact that they do not want new members on Rossendale Online should tell you all you need to know......it is the bumhole of the forum world
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 10:14   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I don't think Mick was giving you a lecture Irene......he was just stating a fact.
Accyweb is definitely head and shoulders above other sites.
The fact that they do not want new members on Rossendale Online should tell you all you need to know......it is the bumhole of the forum world
Hi Margaret, Thanks for your input, but that might be so,but you must have looked at other sites to know that. This is the only site i am a member of, and i have only just joined this one, and how was i to know that. If i had not seen the link from this site, maybe i would not have asked the question on here in the first place, but if i have offended anyone by doing so i apologize. After all, the reason i was going on there was because my thread concerned the Rossendale area.
Old 27-05-2013, 10:32   #10

I had a go at trying to join the Blackburn & Rossendale sites too, quite a long time ago now, but I failed to get anywhere. They never took off like this site has done.

Perhaps this site could widen and give the neighbouring people the chance to air their views.
pompeylass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 10:42   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pompeylass View Post
I had a go at trying to join the Blackburn & Rossendale sites too, quite a long time ago now, but I failed to get anywhere. They never took off like this site has done.

Perhaps this site could widen and give the neighbouring people the chance to air their views.
Widen? anyone is free to join accyweb.
Old 27-05-2013, 11:18   #12
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Widen? anyone is free to join accyweb.
It is unfortunate that so many keen sites have gone to the wall, I hope Rossendale isn't going to join them.

Roy has in the past considered a countywide site, but back then there were a great number of thriving sites and he decided to keep it as it is.

Having said that, if people want to start a thread about another area as you say cashy they are free to join and start a thread, after all if there is interest the topic will get replies, otherwise it will die a death like SOooo, many of my threads already have.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 11:29   #13
I am Banned

There are quite a few members of Accy web who also post on Ross.
Rossonline has been having some serious problem with hackers, the site has been down several times during the past few months, sometimes for days at a time. the only way is for one of these Accy web (I think one lives somewhere near Rising Bridge) members who know the admin to check for you.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 12:06   #14
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Irene View Post
Hi Margaret, Thanks for your input, but that might be so,but you must have looked at other sites to know that. This is the only site i am a member of, and i have only just joined this one, and how was i to know that. If i had not seen the link from this site, maybe i would not have asked the question on here in the first place, but if i have offended anyone by doing so i apologize. After all, the reason i was going on there was because my thread concerned the Rossendale area.
I don't think you will have offended anyone Irene.......I think that most of us have broad shoulders.
Yes, I have looked at other websites...and belonged to a couple of others before I fell into Accyweb.

I would ask the question about the Rossendale area on here...you never know...you might get the answer you are looking for.

The internet is not such a good medium for getting nuances across.......and what might have seemed like a lecture was just Mick in his 'tougue in cheek mode'...he is a really helpful mod and I don't think he has a nasty bone in his body.
Now Irene....enjoy the site and I hope you get the answers you need.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 12:23   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I don't think you will have offended anyone Irene.......I think that most of us have broad shoulders.
Yes, I have looked at other websites...and belonged to a couple of others before I fell into Accyweb.

I would ask the question about the Rossendale area on here...you never know...you might get the answer you are looking for.

The internet is not such a good medium for getting nuances across.......and what might have seemed like a lecture was just Mick in his 'tougue in cheek mode'...he is a really helpful mod and I don't think he has a nasty bone in his body.
Now Irene....enjoy the site and I hope you get the answers you need.
Thanks Margaret, all is forgotton

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..