Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-05-2009, 08:10   #16

Re: route up hambledon hill

Where is this mystery hill that you are all referring to?

All I can find is "Hameldon hill", not Hambledon nor hamledon.
(Even the guy who has a web page for it has his URL wrong).

Or am I looking at different OS maps to you?
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-05-2009, 20:08   #17

When you say that you did the run do I presume that you mean the Hameldon Hill Run? I did this in 1988 and we started near to the bottom of Avenue Parade. We ran up it towards the bottom of the Coppice where we followed the path to the left, running around and up the hill in a clockwise direction until we were heading southeast towards the A56. Left under the underpass and then followed the track generally eastwards and north of Moleside End Farm to the King's Highway where we joined it and headed southeast (to the right). We ran around the reservoir in an anti-clockwise direction until we were level with the northern tip of it where we turned half right and up the steep bit to the summit of Hameldon. Hope that this helps and if it doesn't - blame my cats!
davidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2009, 11:57   #18

Keep the mountain bikes OFF public FOOTPATHS. They are allowed to use bridleways. The use of mountain bikes erodes the footpaths at an alarming rate.
Puffing Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 23:03   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffing Billy View Post
Keep the mountain bikes OFF public FOOTPATHS. They are allowed to use bridleways. The use of mountain bikes erodes the footpaths at an alarming rate.

no

i enjoy the countryside as much as anyone else but i hate to walk.

and to be honest most footpath are in such a poor state there is no fun in riding them but then i suppose thats mountain bikers fault as well ?

i prefer BRIDLEWAYS or FIRETRACK as it can be riden faster anyways.

Last edited by Ossywarrior; 02-06-2009 at 23:05.
Ossywarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 23:13   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidf View Post
When you say that you did the run do I presume that you mean the Hameldon Hill Run? I did this in 1988 and we started near to the bottom of Avenue Parade. We ran up it towards the bottom of the Coppice where we followed the path to the left, running around and up the hill in a clockwise direction until we were heading southeast towards the A56. Left under the underpass and then followed the track generally eastwards and north of Moleside End Farm to the King's Highway where we joined it and headed southeast (to the right). We ran around the reservoir in an anti-clockwise direction until we were level with the northern tip of it where we turned half right and up the steep bit to the summit of Hameldon. Hope that this helps and if it doesn't - blame my cats!
lol i ran it in 91/92 i go up to the res a lot but think its not rideable really, the route i have been takin is up through hambledon wood to stile at top the across to the left on the rough track that is there all the way too hambledon road and then go up the back way and on to the top,
there is a track that runs through the old quarry workings and u can weave between the small mounds till you hit another track. follow that until it forks..... left is basically down to a stile over onto moleside with some bike carrying involved or go right and have some obscence down hill on rocky single track with a 30ft drop to your left this will take you down to hambledon wood again

great ride

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..