Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-07-2014, 21:49   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Rovers pin badges needed for a funeral

Flashy, I don't know you or your family but may I ask if you have managed to get any badges upto now and do you still want to go ahead with your plan?
I am prepared to help out with the eBay seller.
I had a lot of support from Accy web when my dear wife passed away and would love to return the kind gestures by helping another member.
We will have to be quick if the gentleman has already passed on.

Pm me more info.

XX
Old 14-07-2014, 05:34   #17
God Member

aww thankyou very much Gremlin, how absolutely fantastic of you, my sister in law was too upset to talk to about it yesterday but i mentioned to my brother about getting normal badges instead (because of the price of the metal ones) he said he would get back to me. I couldnt possibly accept your generosity, please please save it for an accywebber who will need it more, please dont take it the wrong way
Old 14-07-2014, 06:06   #18
Senior Member+

No lass, I don't take it the wrong way at all, i understand.
Your thoughts of how to remember the deceased were unusual and I was just prepared to try to help.

Best wishes to you and your family.
����
flashy likes this.
Old 14-07-2014, 09:20   #19
Senior Member+

Sorry to hear the sad news, time is now the problem for most solutions, it would be better to contact the club as they will have the numbers required, and contacting the newspapers might give the publicity that could bring forward a solution.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2014, 09:30   #20
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Sorry to hear the sad news, time is now the problem for most solutions, it would be better to contact the club as they will have the numbers required, and contacting the newspapers might give the publicity that could bring forward a solution.
I'm surprised the papers haven't already picked up on the story, they often read AccyWeb to find out what is going on.

I do hope the club will be able to help out Shaz it would be a nice gesture from them.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2014, 11:14   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I'm surprised the papers haven't already picked up on the story, they often read AccyWeb to find out what is going on.

I do hope the club will be able to help out Shaz it would be a nice gesture from them.
Agreed it would be a good "Feel Good" story, however there would have to be an immediate responce as the average time to carry out a funeral from the date of death is around a week. This wont give time for it to build up any momentum and the papers take an interest. So I would think the club direct would be the best bet, and the publicity would happen after the event.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2014, 11:43   #22
Senior Member+

Try Rosettes Direct in Ossy, they may do badges too.
Old 14-07-2014, 12:59   #23
God Member

thanx Lindsay
Old 14-07-2014, 13:14   #24
God Member

just called Rovers and was put through to the shop, given the retail prices, the cheapest being the RED rose at £1.49, BUT she took my phone number so she could try to get me a discount, she is ringing me back if she can....fingers crossed

thanx guys x
Old 14-07-2014, 14:16   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Best of luck Shaz,hope yeh get a result.
Old 15-07-2014, 13:52   #26
God Member

just got a call back from Rovers, they can give me a 15% discount on the badges which will bring the price of 50 down to £84.50
Old 15-07-2014, 14:13   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thats not bad imho. shaz.
Old 15-07-2014, 17:30   #28
Senior Member+

When is the funeral flashy, you are cutting it a bit fine to get them in time.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..