Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2013, 18:25   #1
God Member

Royal Blackburn Hospital site info needed

Right, as a handful of you already know, i have been offered a job (conditionally) as a healthcare worker at The Royal Blackburn, went for interview on August 2nd and was offered the job by 5pm that day.
As i said this is only conditional....tomorrow i have to go to the hospital for an I.D check and to see the occupational health team.
I went to the learning centre at the Park view offices for my interview which is through the old entrance, now here's my dilemma, i have to go to Employment support at The Park view offices in the morning, but i'm damned if i can find any info on this darn place...is it in the learning centre or somewhere else? on a map, the Park view offices are seperate to the Learning centre but there is nothing about employment support

HELPPPPP!!!!

please

Last edited by flashy; 11-08-2013 at 18:29. Reason: cos i'm thick
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-08-2013, 18:54   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Royal Blackburn Hospital site info needed

Shaz just go to the Park View Offices and ask someone there to give you directions...turn up early so that it gives you time to seek directions....and find your way around.

Good luck with this new job...it will be challenging, but I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 18:59   #3
Senior Member+

Well done Flashy, you must have beaten my daughter to that job, she went for an interview there on same day.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 19:06   #4
God Member

Thankyou Marg, that's what my dad has just said

G, my interview was at 2pm that day, they had been interviewing since 8.30 that morning, there where quite a few interviewed according to one of the ladies who interviewed me, god knows why they picked me though, i will keep my ears open for any other hca jobs that come up, maybe your daughter might get lucky in another one

I am beyond excited, i just hope i pass everything tomorrow
Old 11-08-2013, 19:15   #5
Senior Member+

She`s applied for quite a few, had two interviews but so far unsuccessful. Her interview was about 1 o clock for 45 mins so you may have seen her on her way out. I wouldn`t worry about tomorrow, just a formality, CRB checks etc.
Old 11-08-2013, 19:16   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well done Shaz, yeh will be fine, go fer it girl.
Old 11-08-2013, 19:35   #7
Senior Member+

Here is a site map, the Park View Offices are near the Learning Centre where you had your interview.
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...,d.ZWU&cad=rja

Whoops, just re-read your post and you already new that.

Last edited by gpick24; 11-08-2013 at 19:38.
Old 11-08-2013, 19:37   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
She`s applied for quite a few, had two interviews but so far unsuccessful. Her interview was about 1 o clock for 45 mins so you may have seen her on her way out. I wouldn`t worry about tomorrow, just a formality, CRB checks etc.

oh i'm not worried, did your daughter say which ward the job was for?
Old 11-08-2013, 19:39   #9
Senior Member+

I think it was elderley/stroke ward, but not 100% sure.
Old 11-08-2013, 19:39   #10
God Member

Quote:
Here is a site map, the Park View Offices are near the Learning Centre where you had your interview.
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...,d.ZWU&cad=rja

Whoops, just re-read your post and you already new that.
lol, thankyou G, its rather baffling isnt it, i reckon i'll find it somehow, as my dad said 'you've got a tongue in your mouth girl, use it'
Old 11-08-2013, 19:44   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well done Shaz, yeh will be fine, go fer it girl.

thanx Cashy, i just want to get my start date through now, i've wanted to be a healthcare worker since i was 16, thats what i did my NVQ for in the first place (many many moons ago), i know its just a general dogsbodys job but i don't care, i just want to help and as you lot already know, i just love a challenge
Gremlin likes this.
Old 11-08-2013, 19:48   #12
Beacon of light

Shaz, there's only one thing you need to remember...whichever patient you are caring for, make them feel the most important person in your life at that moment.....do what you would do for someone you love...and do it with love.
BERNADETTE and Gremlin like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 19:50   #13
Senior Member+

You`ll do other stuff as well as being a "dogsbody", you`ll learn to take blood, catheterize etc. maybe not straight away, but you will eventually.
Old 11-08-2013, 19:53   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Shaz, there's only one thing you need to remember...whichever patient you are caring for, make them feel the most important person in your life at that moment.....do what you would do for someone you love...and do it with love.
thankyou Marg, i will always remember that
Old 11-08-2013, 19:59   #15
God Member

Quote:
You`ll do other stuff as well as being a "dogsbody", you`ll learn to take blood, catheterize etc. maybe not straight away, but you will eventually.
i don't think it will involve taking blood, blood pressure and temperature yes, i was a care assistant for many years so i know the basics already, i think the communicating with patients will be the hardest thing i will come across, even though i may not show it on here, my friends know i am a caring person who has a lot to give and i think i will get a lot of fulfillment from this job, i know it's not going to be easy and it is very demanding but i am going to give it 100% i can either fail or excel, either way i will know i have done my best
BERNADETTE likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..