Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2007, 18:17   #16
God Member

Re: school uniform.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
Abbey street used to sell st christophers uniforms
apparently they dont any more!!

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-08-2007, 18:18   #17
God Member

and what happens if you havent got transport to burnley? and why burnley anyway? thats a different town altogether, they must still do them at abbey street
Old 09-08-2007, 18:20   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
and what happens if you havent got transport to burnley? and why burnley anyway? thats a different town altogether, they must still do them at abbey street
Nope seriously, mum got a list of where to get them........Burnley!!! lol

She has to go next wednesday for Boberts

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 18:34   #19
God Member

Maybe the St Christophers pupils in Burnley asked for a local supplier
Old 09-08-2007, 20:01   #20
God Member

lol but what about the pupils in accy?
Old 09-08-2007, 20:11   #21

Still think the best place for St Chrissy's uniforms is Whittakers in Blackburn. Price wise they are not bad and at least you know they are going to last.
whistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 20:24   #22
God Member

they sell it in blackburn too? whats the world coming to?
Old 09-08-2007, 20:33   #23

Get yourself down there, we're going on Monday - I've got the day off work.
whistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 08:09   #24
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

ive always had to pay tax on my daughters clothes because she cant fit in the clothes that are meant to fit!!, its not fair!!1346.gif
Old 10-08-2007, 10:31   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whistler View Post
Get yourself down there, we're going on Monday - I've got the day off work.

i live in Blackburn, i already buy Reece's sweatshirts from there
Old 10-08-2007, 15:03   #26
I am Banned

Im spitting mad uniform buying is bad enough but Mount Carmel think people are bloody rich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only Mount Carmel has the strictest expensive uniform policy i have ever seen, just threw a stroppy in Abbey street over price of skirts twice as much as the others because of the trutex name!!!!!!

Not happy & will keep trying the uniform policy officer @ the education authority before i buy them! Simply not on that a head teacher can dictate uniform down to one particular trutex make as well!!!!!!!!!!!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 15:04   #27
I am Banned

Pot seriously calling kettle black there, after seeing their prices maybe they should take the lead & drop them 1st
Old 10-08-2007, 15:25   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
Im spitting mad uniform buying is bad enough but Mount Carmel think people are bloody rich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only Mount Carmel has the strictest expensive uniform policy i have ever seen, just threw a stroppy in Abbey street over price of skirts twice as much as the others because of the trutex name!!!!!!

Not happy & will keep trying the uniform policy officer @ the education authority before i buy them! Simply not on that a head teacher can dictate uniform down to one particular trutex make as well!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm pretty sure that not all pupils adhere to uniform dress code, don't blame you for being angry. My grand-daughter goes to Hollins and they pulled her up last year for wearing earrings(she had just had her ears pierced), my daughter went to the school and pointed out that she couldn't possibly be the only child there wearing earrings but they still had to be removed. While I know that this is school policy I think that everybody should have to follow the rules and that means on everything.
BERNADETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 15:58   #29
I am Banned

Just update - got in touch with uniform policy officer @ lancs education authority & basically I dont have a leg to stand on - the school can say & do what they want with uniform policy as its a church school!!

So basically if my daughter wears another make of skirt then ther school can send her home or even exclude till appropiate uniform stipulated is worn

How blumming crap is that, so the whole point of affordable uniform cos that is what it was invented for goes out the window!!! I sincerely hope they apply that for her education rather than the uniform or does that explain the poor results for that school. Me thinks the school is getting some form of handout or grant/bung or whatever, cos why else would it be so stringent without any flexiblity.
Old 10-08-2007, 16:02   #30
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
I'm pretty sure that not all pupils adhere to uniform dress code, don't blame you for being angry. My grand-daughter goes to Hollins and they pulled her up last year for wearing earrings(she had just had her ears pierced), my daughter went to the school and pointed out that she couldn't possibly be the only child there wearing earrings but they still had to be removed. While I know that this is school policy I think that everybody should have to follow the rules and that means on everything.
Unfortunately its sods law that the nortorious groups wont be pulled up & mine will, shes already worried about being sent home if i get her alternatives to the schools wishes - so im hanged by both sides now

Who'd be a parent these days

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..