Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2007, 08:17   #1
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

school uniform.......

its coming to that time when im going to get the kids uniform,.....yes asda do it cheap but are they gonna last?
abby street shopping centre is the only place i can get my daughters uniform, no pants for her though, because shes a 33in leg!!, i havent a clue where to go....
Old 09-08-2007, 10:18   #2
God Member

Re: school uniform.......

ive ALWAYS bought Reece's school trousers from m&s, they arent as expensive as you think and last all year, i buy him two pairs,(only £6 each) they are hard wearing and dont ever fade, and are teflon coated, i bought all his new uniform in july, bigger sizes obviously, got his trousers,2 polo shirts(£2) 2 p.e polo shirts(£2), shorts(£2), trainers(£15), coat(£8) and two sweatshirts(£16)...all i have left to buy now are his shoes, and i get those from tommy balls, they are all clarkes and i can usually get him a really nice pair for £5
Old 09-08-2007, 10:26   #3
God Member

I get my kids uniforms from Abbey Street. I like them to have the school emblem on their jumpers. I bought some spare polo shirts from asda a couple of years ago, and will never do it again!! they shrink after one wash and go out of shape after about a week.

the only thing I don't like from Abbey street are their trousers, so I will go to M&S for them.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:33   #4
God Member

Not a lot of choice really when you have to buy logo'd stuff. In those cases you can only shop around for trousers/skirts.

Just in case anyone has a child attending St Christophers you can now get their uniforms at Barden Mill in Burnley although I don't know how they compete price wise. They are also Trutex stockists
Old 09-08-2007, 10:35   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Not a lot of choice really when you have to buy logo'd stuff. In those cases you can only shop around for trousers/skirts.

Just in case anyone has a child attending St Christophers you can now get their uniforms at Barden Mill in Burnley although I don't know how they compete price wise. They are also Trutex stockists
Yes Dave, my mum has to go there for my Brothers uniform as he starts St.Christopher's in September!! silly that they don't have any where closer really!!

Could be worse!!! could have to go to Blackburn for it

Miracles do happen!!

Old 09-08-2007, 10:36   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
Yes Dave, my mum has to go there for my Brothers uniform as he starts St.Christopher's in September!! silly that they don't have any where closer really!!

Could be worse!!! could have to go to Blackburn for it
Thats true, saves her finding her passport
Old 09-08-2007, 10:41   #7
I am Banned

I got the biggy this year as 2 of ours starts senior school & it has to be logo/badge this & that, Mount Carmel is becoming a stickler for this & they want everything to be trutex as well!! They used to do the badges for the blazers least then u could economise on the blazer but they have stopped doing that now so i have to pay a fortune for a blazer with badge!! So be abbey street this year, & adsa poss if theres owt i can get away with

Personally i think school uniforms are defeating the object nowadays of being affordable & fair, also now double standards as far as logo's are concerned, u cant have kappa, timberland, nike, ellesse etc on yer stuff but u can have our logo instead which goes along the very same principle & inflating prices for the schools coffers even worse for those that can only get uniform from the school. Schools are identified by their school colours so no need for the emblem everywhere!! As long as u wear the school colours as in uniform u will not be excluded from school because of no logo, if the school try then contact education authority because thats what they said to my mate who's son is going to do just that!

It makes a mockery out of the whole point of uniform for me, its going to be hard on us but i do really feel for those on low incomes/benefits as the clothing grant system was abolished a few year back & notice they dont make up for it either, so some families especially senior school uniform is going to be real hardship - even more so to more than one child to cater for.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:50   #8
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post

the only thing I don't like from Abbey street are their trousers, so I will go to M&S for them.
same here, the jumpers dont look too clever either but i cant get them anywhere else, tried the ones in blackburn to but they are fruit of the loom, i prefer trutex, but they dont do em for rhyddings!!

maybe i will try M&S, got lads polo shirt from there, at £5 its not bad and thats for 2!!
Old 09-08-2007, 10:54   #9
I am Banned

Gawd wish mount carmel was polo shirts but nope i'll be forced to iron & i HATE ironing especially proper shirts i can see the iron jumping from my hand
Old 09-08-2007, 10:56   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
Gawd wish mount carmel was polo shirts but nope i'll be forced to iron & i HATE ironing especially proper shirts i can see the iron jumping from my hand

Wehre's the smiley for a smug look ?
Old 09-08-2007, 10:59   #11
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Wehre's the smiley for a smug look ?
There isnt one HA! mmmm now your well practiced in the art of ironing shirts............fancy doing one or two extra ones as your so good at it
Old 09-08-2007, 11:06   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
its coming to that time when im going to get the kids uniform,.....yes asda do it cheap but are they gonna last?
abby street shopping centre is the only place i can get my daughters uniform, no pants for her though, because shes a 33in leg!!, i havent a clue where to go....
have you tried newlook or topshop,i know they do a 33ins leg
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 11:18   #13
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackyalex View Post
have you tried newlook or topshop,i know they do a 33ins leg
no, will do ta jacky
Old 09-08-2007, 12:17   #14
God Member

Uniform Petition To Be Handed Into Downing Street (from Lancashire Telegraph)

Miracles do happen!!

Old 09-08-2007, 18:13   #15
God Member

Abbey street used to sell st christophers uniforms

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..