Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-08-2007, 08:38   #1
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Question second hand cars???

my fella is after a new car, but can only afford a second hand one at the moment, in the region of about 2 grand, or under.
my question is...whare can we go to get one, i have no idea where to go, dont want to get ripped off, would like a reputable dealer who sells good cars, so....
does anyone know any good dealers?
AND does anyone know where the rogue traders are?

thanks for any advice
Old 28-08-2007, 08:50   #2
God Member

Re: second hand cars???

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
my fella is after a new car, but can only afford a second hand one at the moment, in the region of about 2 grand, or under.
my question is...whare can we go to get one, i have no idea where to go, dont want to get ripped off, would like a reputable dealer who sells good cars, so....
does anyone know any good dealers?
AND does anyone know where the rogue traders are?
thanks for any advice
Have a look at the link below to see what the current second hand are cars selling for.
I have bought my last 3 cars on Auto Trader no problems.
Buying from a garage gives your more protection.

Auto Trader UK - Buy & Sell New & Used Cars, Car Loans, Car Insurance

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2007, 09:04   #3
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

thanks , been looking on there, and found one on rhydding street, ossy, called Arran motors, has anyone been there, if so are the cars any good?
Old 30-08-2007, 14:20   #4

I bought a car from Hugh Davies (next to Accrington garages on (Burnley Rd). He is, IMO, one of the better car dealers, and he generally has a few cars in your price range.

Jelly Baby
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2007, 16:34   #5
God Member

this thread might help panther

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ces-30735.html
Old 30-08-2007, 23:39   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
thanks , been looking on there, and found one on rhydding street, ossy, called Arran motors, has anyone been there, if so are the cars any good?

just bought one from there no problems however you do need to check the cars over quite thoroughly as there is some tat there
jedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2007, 07:47   #7
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Thanks you lot, will pass on the message and will take a look at them carefully, i know what to look out for, seen it on tv ...cheers me dears
Old 31-08-2007, 11:10   #8
God Member

One bit of advice re buying second hand.

A cheap way of checking a car is to take it for an MOT as they check all teh major safety points. They might not pick up minor bits with the engine as long as it passes emissins but from a structural/safety POV its a very cheap way of getting a thorough check. Take it to somewhere who is likley to be really picky like Kwik Fit who are after work from any fail points. At worst you spend £30 not buying a heap, at best it either gives you bargaining points (minor points) or you get a full 12 months ticket on your new purchase. Make sure its somewhere you chose not the dealer as he will normally have a 'friendly' mechanic who will let things go that aren't serious but shuld be looked at soon.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2007, 13:56   #9
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
One bit of advice re buying second hand.

A cheap way of checking a car is to take it for an MOT as they check all teh major safety points. They might not pick up minor bits with the engine as long as it passes emissins but from a structural/safety POV its a very cheap way of getting a thorough check. Take it to somewhere who is likley to be really picky like Kwik Fit who are after work from any fail points. At worst you spend £30 not buying a heap, at best it either gives you bargaining points (minor points) or you get a full 12 months ticket on your new purchase. Make sure its somewhere you chose not the dealer as he will normally have a 'friendly' mechanic who will let things go that aren't serious but shuld be looked at soon.
thumbsup.gifgood idea entwisi, thanks for the advice

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..