Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-07-2015, 09:42   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Sewing person needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Hi Cashman. I thought that Jack was always a tailor, didn't know him to be anything else but.

Did you also know that he was a boxer when he was in the army, and was a brilliant bebopper in his youth. His nibs tells me that on one occasion the whole ballroom (Rawtenstall Astoria) stopped to watch Jack strut his stuff - lots of happy memories.
Nah dotti in 63 i was a butcher fer Slingers @ Load Of Mischief, Jack was a driver fer em.
Old 24-07-2015, 09:59   #32
Senior Member+

Jack told me he worked as a tailor for McKno for 40 odd years.
Old 24-07-2015, 10:01   #33

Well that's something I didn't know, Cashman. Didn't know he had at one stage exchanged needle and thread for a steering wheel. We were in Australia by then.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2015, 10:02   #34

Yes, that's what I thought, Gremlin. Maybe he did a bit of driving on the side, or the other way round.
Old 24-07-2015, 10:05   #35

Next time we phone him I'll ask him about his double life....ha ha.
Old 24-07-2015, 10:42   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Yes, that's what I thought, Gremlin. Maybe he did a bit of driving on the side, or the other way round.
Quote:
Next time we phone him I'll ask him about his double life....ha ha.
Yeh must dotti, he worked full time fer slingers in 63, so 40 yrs he must be 120 ish. i think Mcnos finished late 60s/early 70s.
Old 24-07-2015, 11:00   #37
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Nah dotti in 63 i was a butcher fer Slingers @ Load Of Mischief, Jack was a driver fer em.
Ol & Dotti

Jacks always done various driving jobs used to deliver a lot for a couple of butchers in the old market hall. I guess that came about with his link through Slingers. I'll ask him.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2015, 13:22   #38
Beacon of light

I knew the name jack Gee, and I remember a driver working for Slingers of that name.....didn't know it was the same chap although he would be the right age.
This was circa 1963.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..