Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Should TV license fee be scrapped?
Yes. 17 94.44%
No. 1 5.56%
Not bothered. 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-09-2015, 01:34   #76

Re: Should the TV License be scrapped?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallard View Post
its most repeats on the tv.
You're in the position where historically you'd maybe record a Top Gear on tape because you were (say) out on business, and that would need a licence. Yet nowadays, you can watch the same program a few hours after it's broadcast, on catch up over your internet connection and you don't need a licence, and yet if you watch that same episode when it's being broadcast on Dave ten years later (on freeview), you need a licence.

It's no wonder people like RainbowSix think they can cheat the system. it's a farce. However "a farce" does not equal "a defence". Choose whose advice you trust carefully. If you need an indicator as to how much RainbowSix trusts their own advice, read up on VPN and ask yourself why they would need to bring it into this conversation...

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-09-2015, 18:56   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
As I said before, good luck if you go to court.
You wont ever hear of me going to court and no Studio25 - I am not wanting to cheat the system nor will I.

I play by the system however if the system does not require something then I feel no obligation in providing it.

To quote someone else:
If you don't fish, is it cheating not to buy a rod licence?
If you don't shoot, is it cheating not to buy a FAC/SGL?
If you don't holiday abroad, is it cheating not to buy a Passport?
If you don't drive, is it cheating not to buy a Driving Licence, and not pay VED?

Simply put - "no".

And if you actually read what I have said - I do currently have a TV license.
When I am no longer watching TV as it is being broadcast then I will not require one so will be cancelling it. Live TV now is rubbish & not worth watching - I can see everything I want to on catchup or via the internet news etc without having to watch it live.

Which I see that you are agreeing with, that a license is not required to watch catchup TV, so not required to own a TV, just required to watch live TV (as it is being broadcast).
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2015, 20:47   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowSix View Post
Live TV now is rubbish & not worth watching - I can see everything I want to on catchup or via the internet news etc without having to watch it live.
If live TV is rubbish, why would you want to watch programmes on Catch Up?
cashman likes this.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2015, 20:13   #79

I worded it badly. I should have put "It's no wonder people like RainbowSix think the system can be cheated."

In post 35 you said you were going to watch TV online through a VPN. There's no reason to do that unless you're wanting to hide your identity. It's not unreasonable for us to think that it's to avoid leaving a trail of evidence that would lead TVL to your door.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..