Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2007, 16:19   #16
God Member

Re: Shouldn't you be doing something else?

I should always be doing something else... but I'm here on my own so no one to make me feel guilty for doing nowt

Like your idea of the pub wynonie although I drank more than enough for all next week last night and went back to get my car today and had a few more (non alcoholic today though)....

hmmm now should I go out again??

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-07-2007, 16:22   #17
Senior Member+

I should be ironing/ cooking a duck/drying school uniform /clearing various piles of " stuff" etc etc. I have cleared the dresser ,polished ,hoovered,made bacon butties, washed up,been to Spar,helped a friend fill in an online employment tribunal form and spoken to another friend,who was watching a cricket match in Leicestershire where "it's lovely and hot ! "
Old 08-07-2007, 17:14   #18
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Of course not, Marg! By the way, is Mr P still relaxing on the sofa, or has he disappeared to the pub (something I'm thinking of doing at this moment in time)?
No, he's still in a recumbent posture.......doesn't do the pub these days, though he says he might, now they don't smoke in there anymore.

He will hear me grunting and thrutching when I come to move the furniture and then when it is all done he will say something like 'Why didn't you ask me to give you a hand?' Yeah Bob!

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 08-07-2007 at 17:14. Reason: typo.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 17:25   #19
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Are you doing what you are supposed to be doing? Or should you be doing something else?
I was supposed to be doing something, when I saw this earlier, and I went and did it!

Thank you.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 17:30   #20
Beacon of light

Good on you Garinda.......you can have a putty medal
Old 08-07-2007, 17:39   #21
mez
God Member

im doing nothing either margaret ........have been out bought a new p/c case (it looks like darth vadar to me) had my lunch out with a friend came home 1hr ago & my susan had made a chicken tea for me .....poor thing im full . but we agreed we would sort her bedroom out today, got lots of college work to store away. but ..well.... i said its sunday we need a rest we will do it tommorrow instead ....so your not on your own.
Old 08-07-2007, 17:44   #22
Beacon of light

You sound like you have done a days work there Mez.

I am just overwhelmed by what there is to do. I must have made these rellies too comfortable when they came last time ....it is just over a year since their last visit......do you think when I'm sorted I should leave the sofa made up as a bed?
Old 08-07-2007, 17:47   #23
mez
God Member

no no no you can pile more stuff on it that way
Old 08-07-2007, 18:09   #24
Super Moderator

Quote:
and then when it is all done he will say something like 'Why didn't you ask me to give you a hand?'
Just back from the pub and I must say I smiled when I saw that...it's exactly what I do!! I wonder if it's a Pilkington family trait?
Old 08-07-2007, 19:09   #25
Beacon of light

Oh, I thought only noses run in this family...no pun intended there......my father in law had what was termed an 'elbow' of a nose....and my mother in law always said if it had been full of rum, and you supped it, you would be drunk for a week....though I think that was an exaggeration on her part...he did have a big conk though.
Old 08-07-2007, 19:21   #26
Super Moderator

Quote:
Oh, I thought only noses run in this family...no pun intended there......my father in law had what was termed an 'elbow' of a nose....and my mother in law always said if it had been full of rum, and you supped it, you would be drunk for a week....though I think that was an exaggeration on her part...he did have a big conk though.
No I can't say big hooters have manifested themselves in this branch of the Pilkie family. Supping capacity has, though. See it's raining again...oh well, I suppose the gardening'll keep 'til next weekend...or the one after...
Old 08-07-2007, 19:53   #27
Beacon of light

Well, I have just found a few little hidey holes to store some stuff in.....unfortunately I can't reach a couple of them, with me being a little on the short side.....but when i get the ladders back of N tomorrow I can put some things away.
We also have started buying stuff for Christmas.......I know, I know, but you have these things to do. My problem is that I will salt stuff away and then forget where i have put it...and then have to buy again....and the resultant saving will go down the gurgler. I shall have to put a little note to myself on the computer.

I am always like this......think I am never going to get things sorted, but I always do...eventually.
I'm just NOT going to clean all my kitchen cupboards out......I did that last time and they don't need doing again.
Old 08-07-2007, 21:27   #28

Well this is what accyweb is for to enjoy your self,s whats the fuss a bout
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 21:54   #29
Senior Member+

Don't worry about your kitchen cupboards Margaret. I cleaned my pan cupboard out before 'im indoor's sister came to stay last month. My daughter thought that was highly amusing as Shona never even goes into the kitchen whilst she is here!!

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:58   #30
Beacon of light

I had to laugh at that June.....when the mob came last year I spent ages (at least a month) spitting and polishing........used lashings of soda crystals, gallons of hot water......got myself a lovely pair of 'dish pan hands'.......and do you think anyone noticed? Did they heck. Like all housework(which I despise)....it only gets noticed when you haven't done it.
This time they will have to take us as they find us......and the stuff I am doing is only to make space for them to sleep.......they are getting free bed and board...if they don't like it they can go across to Maple Lodge and pay £45 a night EACH.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..