Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-12-2008, 20:23   #1
God Member

Shrink Wrapping

After much deliberation about what to get my Mum for christmas I have decided to make her a hamper up. I would like to shrink wrap the basket when it is sorted and wonder if anybody knows anywhere I can get this done.
Old 22-12-2008, 09:51   #2
God Member

Re: Shrink Wrapping

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
After much deliberation about what to get my Mum for christmas I have decided to make her a hamper up. I would like to shrink wrap the basket when it is sorted and wonder if anybody knows anywhere I can get this done.
What kind of shrink wrapping? Most kinds involve heat and wont be good for the hamper. Better to use sellophane or a large cling wrap. Try Wilkies or a friendly florest.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2008, 09:56   #3
Give, give, give member

Blimey Bernie, you don't half make things difficult for yourself. It's you that need a shrink.

Seriously, sorry I don't know, but it sounds like a great present, and I'm sure she'll love it. Though I'd be tempted to wrap it in clingfilm myself.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2008, 10:05   #4
Senior Member+

The card shop on broadway do their own wrapping in that clear stuff, am sure they would do it for you for a small cost. Failing that, the shop on warner street will probably sell sheets of the clear wrapping, all you need would be a bow and some ribbon to finish it off (i made hampers up for a few people for christmas a few years back and I did them myself just by placing the basket in the middle of a large sheet of that clear plastic wrapping, gathering it up, a couple of staples at the sides to make sure it was secure and a big bow and curled ribbon around the gathered part to finish it off)
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2008, 22:07   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
The card shop on broadway do their own wrapping in that clear stuff, am sure they would do it for you for a small cost. Failing that, the shop on warner street will probably sell sheets of the clear wrapping, all you need would be a bow and some ribbon to finish it off (i made hampers up for a few people for christmas a few years back and I did them myself just by placing the basket in the middle of a large sheet of that clear plastic wrapping, gathering it up, a couple of staples at the sides to make sure it was secure and a big bow and curled ribbon around the gathered part to finish it off)
Spot on Emzy. Brother won a hamper from Marks and Spencer last week in a raffle (gave to me ..). Was done just as you describe .. looked gorgeous. Did have lots of curly type straw to rest the items on (no idea where you would get this from), tissue paper would do though. It was put in a lovely black straw tray, which you can have if you wish Bernie ... can't see that I would have any use for it in the future.

Also, did you watch Corrie tonight? Norris had fictionally won one from Harrods and done up similarly although the bow was not as elaborate.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2008, 22:31   #6
God Member

Yep thanks everyone going to buy some clear wrap from Warner Street. Kate bought a basket but thanks for the offer, doubt it will look as good as the one Norris won but will do my best.
Old 23-12-2008, 18:28   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yep thanks everyone going to buy some clear wrap from Warner Street. Kate bought a basket but thanks for the offer, doubt it will look as good as the one Norris won but will do my best.
Its suprisingly easy to do (well I found it quite easy but have always had patience with things like that lol) I used shredded tissue paper in mine (think you can buy this from card shops but warner street may do this also) If you do happen to find it difficult just give me a shout and I will pop down and give you a hand
Old 23-12-2008, 19:23   #8
God Member

Quote:
Its suprisingly easy to do (well I found it quite easy but have always had patience with things like that lol) I used shredded tissue paper in mine (think you can buy this from card shops but warner street may do this also) If you do happen to find it difficult just give me a shout and I will pop down and give you a hand
Thanks Emzy got all the stuff and will get creative tomorrow. Might be shouting for you at some point
Old 24-12-2008, 17:44   #9
God Member

Well got the hamper done and must say I'm quite impressed
Old 24-12-2008, 17:49   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Well got the hamper done and must say I'm quite impressed
Well done, knew you could do it

You happy with it?
Old 24-12-2008, 17:54   #11
God Member

Quote:
Well done, knew you could do it

You happy with it?
Yeah I am, my Mum is such hard work to buy for. Think she will like it and if not tough
Old 24-12-2008, 17:59   #12
Senior Member+

Mums are hard to buy for full stop! I get my mum extra stuff and put it in a gift bag or a box for her to open on Boxing Day, we are all away at my dad's then and I like to think it keeps her occupied! Usually stuff like a couple of magazines, nice bottle of fizz, nice treats to eat, a few luxuries!
Old 24-12-2008, 18:28   #13
God Member

Thats a lovely thought Linds and at least your Mum will have a drink unlike my Mum. Don't know where I get my bad habit from

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..