Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2009, 21:46   #1

Question sky tv - problems

anybody else lost their sky tv pictures tonight

we have multiroom run by seperate dishes and have now lost pictures on both
hedman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-02-2009, 21:47   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: sky tv - problems

yes.... its back on now though:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 21:48   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

fine here..........
Old 08-02-2009, 22:36   #4

back to normal now
hedman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 22:53   #5
Senior Member+

Has it been snowing over there ? If there is any bad weather about you will lose your sky connection .
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 23:51   #6

Yep ours went off earlier.i had to move my car walki ng back to the house my dish was covered in snow so presumed that was the problem.ok now
Polly_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:08   #7
Resting in Peace

Sky is a lot better now than it used to be, at one time if it rained the picture used to go all crazed, but doesn't do it much these days, has to be really bad. Can't say the same about Satanta though any sort of slightly poor weather and its of, usually in the middle of a good match
Old 09-02-2009, 13:34   #8
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Sky is a lot better now than it used to be, at one time if it rained the picture used to go all crazed, but doesn't do it much these days, has to be really bad. Can't say the same about Satanta though any sort of slightly poor weather and its of, usually in the middle of a good match
I used to have the same problem with Setanta. Sky engineer told me my LNB was an old type. He fitted a new one and I have not had any problems since
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 15:47   #9
I am Banned

Not had any problems since I installed my dish, used a satelite finder to get the signal. Installed a quad head, have sky downstairs, and Freesat upstairs from the same dish, picture quality is excelent, far better than from the terrestial aerial transmitter, which is about 500 yards away.

Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 17:11   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
I used to have the same problem with Setanta. Sky engineer told me my LNB was an old type. He fitted a new one and I have not had any problems since
Thanks for that Jeff, will have a word with my engineer friend

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..