Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree78Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-02-2014, 13:13   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Smoking ban......(Hmmmm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Yes they do and the easier computers get to use, more of them tend to consider AccyWeb their home. Bring back Windows 95 that will stop them getting online.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-02-2014, 13:19   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Just throwing it in the pot
I smoke lots of that too ... but not in my car, or even before I drive ... it's the impaired thingy.

What I object to about the anti-smoking nazis is that they have made smoking a moral issue ... smoker's are BAAAAD people, weak, ill-bred, and ill-educated.

Our Feds have just added another $4.00 to a carton of smokes. This will mean lots more trips to Tyendenaga where the Mohawks are still selling smokes at about $12.00 a carton (200) ... a little rough, but they do the job. And govts. are still hypocritically damning smoking as they collect billions in taxes ... which they wisely spend on new fighter jets, warships, and more nuclear power plants (at the same time, they are cutting back on funding for day care, health care, education, and veterans' pensions) ... oh, let's not forget their bloated expense accounts.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2014, 13:22   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Do you have any idea what is in that Ecig you are sucking on?
Nope

Hopefully not half as many as the 70 cancer causing chems that are allegedly in standard smokes

password--Accyweb
Old 14-02-2014, 13:30   #19
Beacon of light

I don't agree with parents smoking close to children, be that in the home or anywhere else...but I do object to the government meddling and nannying.
If they were so worried about the health issues that surround smoking then they would have the cojones to ban them from sale, close down the factories, take the ciggies off the market, but then where would they get the kind of revenue that smokers cough up(pun intended)...Oh yeah - motorists!
Accyexplorer likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2014, 13:32   #20
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I wonder?
Do I as a life time prat smoking on average 20 a day have a no win no fee case against the establishment?

You see I left school at the tender age of 15 and went straight into the Royal Navy, back then people under 16 weren't allowed to purchase ciggys and for me to join up my parents had to sign a form passing on guardianship to the Navy.
I was then a no smoker however even though we recruits were obviously under the legal age to buy, the NAAFI on camp sold us cigs, the breaks between lessons were called smoko's and we could if we were quick get through 2 fags before the end of the break.

Like many others that's when I started smoking, so, the Navy being part of the establishment do I have a case of recompense for the neglect of parental supervision that led to me now being a pariah among all other 'right' thinking people.

I also wonder how many others of similar age that joined the forces are still smoking?

Even aged 15 I had a really good beard!

Boeing Guy and Accyexplorer like this.

Last edited by Less; 14-02-2014 at 13:34.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2014, 13:37   #21
Beacon of light

I have never smoked....I have only ever smouldered...and that has depended on who I am with
Old 14-02-2014, 13:39   #22
Senior Member+

Will the ban cover Ecigs?

"e-cigs pose no danger to your health, or others, with no tar, or carcinogens passed on via passive smoking. So the advice is to use E-Lites electronic cigarettes to avoid the smoking ban in cars".-http://www.e-lites.co.uk/smoking-ban-in-cars.

"There*are*many*myths*and*misconceptions*about*ele ctronic*cigarettes.*Let's*separate*fact*from*ficti on".
http://casaa.org/uploads/8_Biggest_E...ette_Myths.pdf

password--Accyweb
Old 14-02-2014, 14:21   #23
God Member

Time for a comedic interlude:

Feel free to smoke as you watch it.
Old 14-02-2014, 14:28   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Love a good comedian, but that guy aint one. As funny as a fart in a spacesuit. imho.
gpick24 likes this.
Old 14-02-2014, 16:05   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Will the ban cover Ecigs?

"e-cigs pose no danger to your health, or others, with no tar, or carcinogens passed on via passive smoking. So the advice is to use E-Lites electronic cigarettes to avoid the smoking ban in cars".-http://www.e-lites.co.uk/smoking-ban-in-cars.

"There*are*many*myths*and*misconceptions*about*ele ctronic*cigarettes.*Let's*separate*fact*from*ficti on".
http://casaa.org/uploads/8_Biggest_E...ette_Myths.pdf
nicorette probbably started the nasty lies about e-gigs because they have the monopoly on the NHS help to give up smoking .What they will like even less is that e-giggs may be becoming available via smoking sessation groupls ran by the NHS so nicorette will either have to endure double standards and make tehir own e-cigg or go bust trying to pedal their vile gum and even more vile mouth spray that works for very few people

mind you e-gigs are bloomin addictive too but if you mix your owen liquid you can reduce nicotine content gradually to zero pretty quickly

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2014, 16:54   #26
Senior Member+

I've split views on this one.
On one hand I see the obvious sense in not smoking in cars (with kids present) due to health issues,protecting them that cant protect themselves etc.
But on the other we should be able to do it in the privacy of our own home, car, and the like.Plus (I THINK) we should be allowed to smoke in private places such as restaurants,pubs (at the owner's discretion).
Gov seem to be taking away more of our freedoms every day.

You can give a child second even third hand smoke from clothes,car seats, furniture, carpets
Protect Children from Third Hand Smoke Exposure | About Us | Norris Cotton Cancer Center
Parents who smoke only in garden may still harm children, doctors warn - Telegraph

Should they make it so that everyone quits smoking?
Or should those of us who do smoke be cast out into the cold for our filthy carcinogens and polluting ways?

password--Accyweb
Old 14-02-2014, 17:48   #27
Senior Member+

The problem is, when it comes to smoking, there is no compromise, someone is always going to lose their freedom of choice.
From a non-smokers point of view, I want to be able to go to my favourite pub or restaurant without having to breathe in second hand smoke, I want to be able to sit in a works canteen or travel with workmates to a job again, without being forced to smoke. Now, with the smoking ban I can do all these things, but at the expense of the smokers freedom of choice. Unlucky on them. I`ve had to breathe in their carp for long enough, they can stand out in the cold if they want a fag.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2014, 18:24   #28
Beacon of light

Smoking is an addiction......so something started to be with the 'in' crowd soon becomes something that you can't stop.
I never started...I wasn't sure that the 'in' crowd was where I wanted to be....I didn't like the smell of cigarettes and felt sure that they would taste as vile as they smelled.
Old 14-02-2014, 18:27   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
they can stand out in the cold if they want a fag.
Well, that just about sums it up, eh.
Less and cashman like this.
Old 14-02-2014, 18:37   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Well, that just about sums it up, eh.
For thirty odd years it was the response of smokers to me - "if you don`t like my smoke go and stand outside", now the boots on the other foot they don`t like it.
Accrington Anti likes this.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..