Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree78Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-02-2014, 11:28   #91
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Smoking ban......(Hmmmm)

I usually roll my own and have a similar trait when it comes to smoking.
Yesterday I bought an actual pack of ciggies, I tell you what, smoking ready made makes it so much easier to chain smoke, I'm sticking with roll ups from now on, much healthier.
Quote:
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-02-2014, 12:15   #92
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Yesterday I bought an actual pack of ciggies, I tell you what, smoking ready made makes it so much easier to chain smoke, I'm sticking with roll ups from now on, much healthier.
That is very true, But what also occured to me as i digested that post, is the fact " Theres more logic in that, than owt Cmons "EVER" posted.
Old 16-02-2014, 13:57   #93
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
That is very true, But what also occured to me as i digested that post, is the fact " Theres more logic in that, than owt Cmons "EVER" posted.
Logic - C'mon .... my how we chuckled!
Old 16-02-2014, 14:05   #94
Senior Member+

Quote:
Wise choice,I roll my own too,tailor-made ciggies cost a packet
Is there any occasion you don't have a icon for?

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2014, 14:09   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Wise choice,I roll my own too,tailor-made ciggies cost a packet
Is there any occasion you don't have a icon for?
Nope, I have a whole WWW to search and nothing but time to search it in. Tell Graham that is about as serious as I get.

cashman and Boeing Guy like this.
Old 16-02-2014, 18:47   #96
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Well, I have to say that those smokers who disappeared every once in a while were monitored, and they were warned to cut back on these unofficial breaks......some opted to have nicotine patches while they were working.

I used to work with a smoker, when he went on a smoke break I went with him for a passive smoke break
Gordon Booth and Sunflower49 like this.
Old 17-02-2014, 00:06   #97
Senior Member+

Most folk waste time in one way or another at work , the difference is smokers are targetted because of social stigma (and the ease in proving they are not working).
Besides they might stay in the office later to finish work off, they may skip lunch... There are numerous times when we all work extra time and it is not noted. And I've seen non-smokers take 10 minutes to go to the bog
Some folk are lazy other aren't so.
westendlass likes this.

password--Accyweb
Old 17-02-2014, 00:14   #98
Senior Member+

Quote:
Your figures and Gordon's are at a variance.

I don't really value statistics from anyone(however reputable the source) unless I can see the criteria for inclusion into the study, and also who commissioned the study and why it was commissioned.
Most studies are commissioned by bodies who want to show that their theories are true...and then the criteria and questions are formulated to reflect the outcome that was wanted by the commissioners.

These facts have to be borne in mind when looking at statistics.
In my book statistics are just another way to bamboozle and lie.

Research has show that folk will believe anything long as it's been researched

password--Accyweb
Old 17-02-2014, 00:15   #99
Senior Member+

Quote:
Nope, I have a whole WWW to search and nothing but time to search it in. Tell Graham that is about as serious as I get.

Don't they waste survey space?

password--Accyweb
Old 17-02-2014, 00:24   #100

Smoking ban......(Hmmmm)

Quote:
Don't they waste survey space?

Do you mean
A/server space?
Or
B/space that could be used for a survey?

If A/ then no they don't nothing I post wastes server space, your the one that does that.

If B/ then no the only surveys that waste space are the polls C'mon & kestrelx sometimes start their threads with.
Accyexplorer likes this.
Old 17-02-2014, 07:37   #101
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Have we met?
No but Roger on Harcourt Road told me all about you Gordon.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2014, 10:18   #102
Beacon of light

Quote:
Most folk waste time in one way or another at work , the difference is smokers are targetted because of social stigma (and the ease in proving they are not working).
Besides they might stay in the office later to finish work off, they may skip lunch... There are numerous times when we all work extra time and it is not noted. And I've seen non-smokers take 10 minutes to go to the bog
Some folk are lazy other aren't so.
Well, sometimes the staff who worked on my unit worked many hours over their time - but then it was all staff that did that not just the smokers.
I have to say that on the whole I had a good bunch of lasses working alongside me...and they could be called upon to come in at short notice(even those with young children)......so I don't think any of them could be classed as lazy....there were times when they just needed a fag.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2014, 12:31   #103
Senior Member+

Quote:
Well, sometimes the staff who worked on my unit worked many hours over their time - but then it was all staff that did that not just the smokers.
I have to say that on the whole I had a good bunch of lasses working alongside me...and they could be called upon to come in at short notice(even those with young children)......so I don't think any of them could be classed as lazy....there were times when they just needed a fag.
I've heard of folk suggest they should start smoking to get more breaks .
(personally i think they thought that they were missing out on the "smokers gossip") .
I use to work with a women that use to take a half hour (unauthorised) "rest bite" in the afternoon just because she assumed smokers were outside "fagging it" for 10mins every other hour.
My point is there is a stigma attached to smokers because a lot of folk think "their all at it".
Your comment strengthens my suspicions that a smokers production isn't really effected by said fag breaks (in some cases it can actually improve their production).

password--Accyweb
Old 17-02-2014, 12:35   #104
Senior Member+

Quote:
....there were times when they just needed a fag.
Did the non-smokers get a similar kind of deal, pehaps if they need a brew they can just nip off to the canteen.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2014, 12:40   #105
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

If they were working many hours oer there time,i can only assume they did,Margaret will no doubt clarify. But yeh seem to be looking fer any excuse to nit-pick??

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..