Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-12-2008, 16:11   #1
Resting in Peace

Speeding-limiting cars

The Governments Transport Advisors have said that speed-limiting devices should be fitted to cars on a voluntary basis, to help save lives and cut carbon emissions, according to a new report.

It appears the system works on GPS and automatically regulate your speed required on that particular road your driving on at the time. All we'll need now is to be able to program the car to where we're going, then let it get on with it whilst we have a kip in the back seat
Old 30-12-2008, 16:13   #2
God Member

Re: Speeding-limiting cars

Cause more accidents, tail-backs and road rage than there is now thats why they haven't fitted them before now - limiters, not the kipping in the back seat

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2008, 16:17   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
All we'll need now is to be able to program the car to where we're going, then let it get on with it whilst we have a kip in the back seat
Were nearly there, got the technology in place and being used to keep you between the white line, brakes applied if you get too close to the car in front, got the sat nav, all you need is something to steer it

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2008, 16:19   #4
God Member

Still not going to improve driving standards.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2008, 17:05   #5
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Simple, make cars that CANT go fast
Old 30-12-2008, 17:08   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
Simple, make cars that CANT go fast
Do that and Jeremy Clarkson will have a hairy fit.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2008, 18:00   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

drive n old banger like me, no chance getting done speeding, problem solved, who needs technology?
Old 30-12-2008, 18:09   #8
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The Governments Transport Advisors have said that speed-limiting devices should be fitted to cars on a voluntary basis, to help save lives and cut carbon emissions, according to a new report.

It appears the system works on GPS and automatically regulate your speed required on that particular road your driving on at the time. All we'll need now is to be able to program the car to where we're going, then let it get on with it whilst we have a kip in the back seat
Well in that case, why give us a choice? Manufacturers make cars to suit many peoples pockets, choice and circumstances.

Let's all just be given a choice of one car manufactured to Government specifications that no matter how luxurious only travels like any one else's,

or
We could insist that all cars are banned and we actually do invest in public transport that is worth while.

I don't have a car at the moment and if I got one it would probably be a low powered run of the mill shed, but why on earth should a super dooper state of the art vehicle that costs most of our wages combined be restricted by anything other than the Countries speed limits?

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2008, 18:16   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Well in that case, why give us a choice? Manufacturers make cars to suit many peoples pockets, choice and circumstances.

Let's all just be given a choice of one car manufactured to Government specifications that no matter how luxurious only travels like any one else's,

or
We could insist that all cars are banned and we actually do invest in public transport that is worth while.

I don't have a car at the moment and if I got one it would probably be a low powered run of the mill shed, but why on earth should a super dooper state of the art vehicle that costs most of our wages combined be restricted by anything other than the Countries speed limits?

never happen less, those who own the super doopers, pull the strings.
Old 30-12-2008, 18:26   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
never happen less, those who own the super doopers, pull the strings.
AND,

They never go through the voluntary channels they invent to restrict the rest of us,

Ah, I see, how naïve I was in my earlier post, in that case I'll go for the most powerful car I can afford and put two fingers up at such 'voluntary', schemes!
Old 30-12-2008, 18:28   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Can over-ride it Less if installed.

Will never, ever happen.

or

Again, will, never, ever happen .. most people not interested in public transport seemingly re: congestion charge.

Nothing to do with speed, just the acceleration that is cool.

katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2008, 18:34   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katex

Can over-ride it Less if installed.

Will never, ever happen.

or

Again, will, never, ever happen .. most people not interested in public transport seemingly re: congestion charge.

Nothing to do with speed, just the acceleration that is cool.
So basically you agree with me? I was using sarcasm what was your reason for repeating my point, (unless you thought it necessary to explain for the benefit of my Troll).

Last edited by Less; 30-12-2008 at 18:37.
Old 30-12-2008, 19:19   #13
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
drive n old banger like me, no chance getting done speeding, problem solved, who needs technology?
Thats two old bangers then

Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2008, 19:28   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
So basically you agree with me? I was using sarcasm what was your reason for repeating my point, (unless you thought it necessary to explain for the benefit of my Troll).

Didn't recognise your comments as sarcasm Less, thought you may actually have been serious .. oh well, lak-a-day slipping up, must sharpen up ..

Anyway, missing your attention ..

troll correction 2.jpg
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2008, 23:12   #15
God Member

As mentioned, its being quoted as voluntary,

I'd love to see them try it, its just not a viable plan and shows just how out of touch in reality these muppets really are. They make so much money on insurance tax, car tax, VAT ( on sales and servicing etc) that premium cars are a total cash cow for them, to remove any desire or reason to drive a premium product would be fatal to teh UK economy.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..