Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-12-2011, 13:53   #1

Stolen Goods

Can anyone let me know any shop that purchase Jewellery and Electrical goods?

My house was broken into last night and I think that items stollen will be sold to shops, watches, necklaces straighteners Ipod.

Many Thanks
Footy Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-12-2011, 14:07   #2
I am Banned

Re: Stolen Goods

Most folk use either cash generators or cash convertors to pawn jewellry and electrical goods, although they wont accept anything without I.D and they take your foto.
groove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2011, 15:33   #3
Full Member+

Jewellers shop buy gold, you only need to show an household bill as proof.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2011, 17:50   #4
Resting in Peace

Usually they don't sell their ill gotten gains in the area its stolen, I remember when I was broken into around 1980, the detective told use there was very little chance of use getting our stuff back as they usual take it out of a area
Old 21-12-2011, 19:19   #5
Beacon of light

Also being as it is Christmas, much of this stuff may be sold at the pub...the thieves usually have a great line in patter 'just lost me job...no money for presents for the kids......no money for grub...have to sell some of me stuff to get by'.

I'm sorry you have had such bad luck at this time of year......I hope you are covered by insurance or that you get your stuff back.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 09:28   #6
I am Banned

Most thieves in Accy are'nt criminal masterminds. They are desperate smackheads who will sell they're ill gotten gains at the first opportunity for peanuts. They have'nt got the means and energy to peddle their goods out of town.
Old 22-12-2011, 09:44   #7
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove View Post
Most thieves in Accy are'nt criminal masterminds. They are desperate smackheads who will sell they're ill gotten gains at the first opportunity for peanuts. They have'nt got the means and energy to peddle their goods out of town.
From which side of the fence have you gained this knowledge?

As a buyer or seller?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 09:47   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
From which side of the fence have you gained this knowledge?

As a buyer or seller?
Ya now there's a think Less
Old 22-12-2011, 13:15   #9
I am Banned

About 10 years ago Grooves mum was burgled. Within 2 hours Groove had traced the culprit down down to due to a neighbour seeing his car. Groove drove round the usual places were this scum hang around, certain houses on Brunswick terrace etc and found the car. The culprit then led us to a scrapyard were are goods were and retuened them. He sent a neutral person out with the goods because i think he knew he was gonna get a good hiding anyway, i believe he fled over the back wall of the scrapyard.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..