Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-12-2011, 07:10   #1
God Member

Stuffing a turkey (no seriously)

Right.....this is the first year i've bought a whole turkey for christmas, there usually is no point because it's just me and Reece so we usually buy a crown

i have bought an 8lb turkey, taken the neck out and the giblets, i want to put oranges inside....now don't laugh but.......do i peel them before putting them in or not? Got bacon for the top of it but i'm stuck on the orange thing

sniggers and any help would be grateful

btw, i'm assuming you peel them for the juices but i really haven't a clue

Last edited by flashy; 24-12-2011 at 07:13.
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-12-2011, 07:18   #2
God Member

Re: Stuffing a turkey (no seriously)

When i do Lemon roasted chicken I cut the lemons in half and then just stick 'em in -presume this would be a good way to do the Turkey with orange too! Don't remove the zest as it is where all the essential oils and flavour are.

Do make sure you take the Turkey out of the fridge well before you mean to start cooking it -it should be at room temp all the way through before you put it in the oven...

Happy Christmas to you and Reece and whoever your guests are -hope the Turkey turns out well!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2011, 07:31   #3
Resting in Peace

I did a Chicken last year with orange just washed the orange cut it in halve and put it inside.
if you have not got the orange yet look for wax free ones they have them at tesco but if you have already got them run them under the hot tap for a min or two to get rid of the wax coating they put on them same with lemons and limes too
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2011, 07:48   #4
Beacon of light

Stuff the Turkey with washed clementines...cheap at Aldi......69 pence for a bag of nine.
You don't need to cut them up or peel them just put a fork into the skin a few times.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2011, 07:51   #5
Resting in Peace

Wont be having this problem this year ................now how do you stuff a Lobster
well if i can catch it as its still walking round the kitchen sink at the moment

Last edited by Mick; 24-12-2011 at 07:53.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2011, 07:51   #6
God Member

Thanx Mobertol, i took the turkey out of the fridge last night and put it on the side in the kitchen covered in foil so it should be ok to cook it now, gonna do it today and let it stand, got too much to sort tomorrow, merry christmas to you and yours

thanx Mick, i got some big oranges from Morrisons, i'll stick them under the tap as you said, haven't a clue if they have wax on them or not, have a great christmas
Old 24-12-2011, 07:56   #7
God Member

Marg, i've started getting all my veg from aldi when i go, they are so cheap, thats where i got my turkey this year it was only £9.99, i find the one in Manchester most convenient when in Manchester, i grab what i need on my way home, get on the bus and it drops me off yards from my house, merry christmas
Old 24-12-2011, 08:01   #8
Beacon of light

Yes we have bought all our veg from them too. I don't understand any family that says they can't afford fresh fruit and veggies when they have their offers of six fruit/veg from 69 pence.
Shaz I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.........that your Turkey dinner is cooked to perfection, that someone else does the washing up...that you get a glass or two of the cold stuff with condensation on the side....In short Have a good 'un.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2011, 09:39   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I did a Chicken last year with orange just washed the orange cut it in halve and put it inside.
if you have not got the orange yet look for wax free ones they have them at tesco but if you have already got them run them under the hot tap for a min or two to get rid of the wax coating they put on them same with lemons and limes too
Saw one of the TV chefs do that this week mick, just cut the oranges in half and stuffed um up the chickens bum
Old 24-12-2011, 09:41   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Wont be having this problem this year ................now how do you stuff a Lobster
well if i can catch it as its still walking round the kitchen sink at the moment
If you use a shotgun be careful to pick out the lead shot before serving mick it tends to get stuck between your teeth
Old 24-12-2011, 09:49   #11
God Member

He's cooking it live John
Old 24-12-2011, 10:05   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
He's cooking it live John
Hope the animal rights nuts arn't reading this
Old 24-12-2011, 14:24   #13
God Member

dont forgetto remove the giblets flashy i forgot they put them in at the neck end one year and it tasted awfull because i cooked it with the plastic bag and giblets in lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2011, 14:25   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Hope the animal rights nuts arn't reading this
bought my son a puppy for xmas

im cooking it the same way

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2011, 14:54   #15
God Member

Lol accyman, it says i did that in mi first post.....they weren't in a plastic bag, it was strangely made of paper

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..