Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-06-2007, 18:27   #16
I am Banned

Re: Stupid HYndburn Homes

Just looked at my tenancy handbook - mentions nothing about assignments [surprise surprise], it gives details about joint tenancy & what happens in breakdown of relationship with regard to tenancy - BUT nowt on moving in a partner.

Strange thing about right to buy will copy as below

If your secure tenancy transferred from the council to hyndburn homes u will continue your right to buy. This is known as a preserved right to buy.

This remains with u or any qualifying member of your family who suceeds to your tenancy, even if u later transfer to another home owned by HH, as long as its not exempt from right to buy. Also, if u have the preserved right to buy & later move to a council home in another area, u would still have the right to buy & any discounts would include your time as a tenant of HH.

Some tenancies are currently excluded from the right to buy such as flats in sheltered schemes & bungalows.

New tenants of HH do not have preserved right to buy but do have the right to acquire
Hyndburn Homes excerp from handbook

Now reading that im sure HH are diddling me out of my right to buy because they want me to cancel my current tenancy agreement to apply as joint tennant - so therefore i would come under a new tenant [despite being with them a good few years with council] so that they can diddle me out of the right to buy
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-06-2007, 18:34   #17
I am Banned

Oh & they say in handbook that 2 people living as a couple SHOULD be joint tenants

Funny that when they gave me 2 options & not exactly encouraging getting the joint tenancy by making it harder & losing my preserved right to buy
Old 18-06-2007, 18:35   #18
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Perhaps it's confused them because I've asked to live in the house instead of the outside shed

I was going to suggest getting a kennel outside for you, and only letting you sleep at the bottom of her bed on the coldest of nights, but a shed would afford you more leg room.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007, 18:38   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I was going to suggest getting a kennel outside for you, and only letting you sleep at the bottom of her bed on the coldest of nights, but a shed would afford you more leg room.
I always wanted to be somebody's bit of woof
Old 18-06-2007, 18:38   #20
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Oh aye mr rindy 69er karma points giving you ideas
Old 18-06-2007, 18:38   #21
God Member

that was my point mel, i don't think they can take away your preserved right to buy unless you agree to sign the new tenancy agreeing to lose that preserved right. After 12 months of living with you Dave can be included on your application for right to buy..so not much point faffing with Joint tenancy if that is your future aim.

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007, 18:45   #22
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
that was my point mel, i don't think they can take away your preserved right to buy unless you agree to sign the new tenancy agreeing to lose that preserved right. After 12 months of living with you Dave can be included on your application for right to buy..so not much point faffing with Joint tenancy if that is your future aim.
The sneaky barstewards, i dont see the point they'd gain by making me do a joint tenancy as a new tenant, little legal loophole they are exploiting. Well i shall do my letter to them just to inform in writing that he's here & unless i can keep my preserved right to buy & other rights in place allowed from then ie being assured tenant not a starter tenant when been here longer than HH have, then i shan't be doing the joint - tough doggy do do for changing the rules to suit them not the tenant in place thats earned it LOL.
Old 18-06-2007, 18:48   #23
God Member

I would also point out that as a local authority housing they couldn't do assignments under the housing act 1985 but as an RSL they can under housing act 1988 and also that if they agree, part of the assignment is sharing with Dave your preserved right to buy also...although he would only ever be able to do that jointly with you unless you then went on in future to assign the whole tenancy to him

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007, 19:04   #24
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
b] keep it as it is now but put a letter in writing to say he's living with me & will be paying the rent but hey i keep my tenancy years account to the right to buy.
That sounds like a good option for you, when he gets fed up with your moaning you still have all your rights and he has none
Old 18-06-2007, 19:51   #25
God Member

If you married him, would his future tenancy rights be improved? or would it not make any difference?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007, 19:59   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
If you married him, would his future tenancy rights be improved? or would it not make any difference?
I don't think you can marry somebody if they are declared insane, that would be the only possibility of it happening
Old 18-06-2007, 20:14   #27
I am Banned

Quote:
I don't think you can marry somebody if they are declared insane, that would be the only possibility of it happening
Even then my one & only minute sane brain cell working would still prevent it from happeninghehehehe

Last edited by accymel; 18-06-2007 at 20:18.
Old 18-06-2007, 20:15   #28
God Member

Quote:
LOL - I wasn't recommending it - just asking if it would make a difference.
(far be it from me to make such recommendations , having failed at matrimony several times I am in no position to advocate it, but I know some people thrive on it -I've just given up trying)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007, 20:19   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
LOL - I wasn't recommending it - just asking if it would make a difference.
(far be it from me to make such recommendations , having failed at matrimony several times I am in no position to advocate it, but I know some people thrive on it -I've just given up trying)
Your'e right, it is a good question. I believe you can pass tenancy to immediate family who occupy the same property so presumably the spouse would come under that category if I'm right.
Old 18-06-2007, 20:21   #30
I am Banned

Quote:
Your'e right, it is a good question. I believe you can pass tenancy to immediate family who occupy the same property so presumably the spouse would come under that category if I'm right.
Yes it does

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..