Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-06-2007, 20:30   #31
God Member

Re: Stupid HYndburn Homes

To prevent softening of the brain in later life I recommend a daily dose of Gingko Biloba (chinese herbal medicine) -Good luck to the two of you - hope you make it this time around -glad for your happiness (I miss being in love even though life is more peaceful being single )

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-06-2007, 20:40   #32
Resident Waffler

So if you left that house and moved to another one you can preserve your tenancy but if you stay put and add Dave you can't? Sounds mad.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007, 23:44   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
Yes it does
well thats that sorted, please dont send me n paris a invite between mid oct n mid november mel or we will miss the wedding.
Old 19-06-2007, 08:52   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well thats that sorted, please dont send me n paris a invite between mid oct n mid november mel or we will miss the wedding.

Stay off the drink it makes you dillusional
Old 20-06-2007, 11:03   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
Really been left in a state of puzzlement, my OH moved in friday & upon ringing Hyndburn Homes about adding him to my tennacy & rent account - apparently its not as simple as filling form or going down to them. The choice ive been told is that i :-

a] in order to add him to the tenancy is that i MUST cancel my tenancy agreement & reapply to the council for a new one with him added BUT will lose all my tenancy years accounted for the right to buy But instead will only have right to aquire

OR

b] keep it as it is now but put a letter in writing to say he's living with me & will be paying the rent but hey i keep my tenancy years account to the right to buy.

Now i ask you is that a stupid way of dealing with it? Cos if i give up my tenancy & re-apply - will that put us in a position of losing our home/rights in property & yet if i keep things as they are then my OH has no rights, nevermind the fact they arn't arsed who pays my rent, but the confusion this will cause getting rent paid thro his DD, also if such as life he loses his job etc how will that effect his or mine entitlements & again utter confusion of 2 names but one name on tenancy/rent

Now i have been thro rented accom of both council & HA, & never known such a daft rule, u used to be able to add or take off names of tenancy by filling a change of circumstances/tenancy form, now as they have told me that as they have become HH that its now changed!

Was told to think about it then let them know BUT we havent a clue what to do for the best for now & future???? Anyone have any advice??
Best thing to do will be going to see the citizens advice bureau for some free advice on it and your legal rights. They'll be able to tell you what is the best thing to do.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..