Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-06-2008, 20:59   #16
God Member

Re: Tattoo or not Tattoo

I don't like anybody covered in them but some look ok, if women have them maybe a discreet one or two. Not my sort of thing really and can't understand causing yourself pain unneccessarily.
Old 13-06-2008, 21:00   #17
God Member

I think tattoos are horrible.
Old 13-06-2008, 21:05   #18

Have a couple myself, can’t say that I bother one way or another about tats on women. Not into these piercings though. The daughter has had one done in her cleavage ?? Strange…. but it doesn’t look too bad. It’s those strange piercings I’m not into, stretching and the like, where folk have huge holes in their earlobes or have ball bearings inserted under the skin. Scarification is another, the daughter has had that done too, some sort of pattern or woman or something on the top of her leg.

As for Amy Winehouse, she needs draggin’ through a sheep dip filled with mouthwash, she looks a right mucky cow.
Old 13-06-2008, 21:13   #19
Senior Member+

I will own up to 3 piercings, 2 normal ear lobe piercings and 1 at the top of my right ear. It hurt like mad, and I couldn't lie on it for weeks ! It's fine now though I don't bother changing it, and tbh you wouldn't see it if I had longer hair !
Old 13-06-2008, 21:18   #20

Only have my ear pierced, not wore owt in it for 15 years or so.

The piercing was a gift form my 18th. I was in the Merch and at sea at the time, the lads thought it nice to hold me down and use a dart out the dartboard…ahhhh fond memories
Old 13-06-2008, 21:22   #21
God Member

Bad enough to have a needle stuck in you for medical reasons without volunteering for the things too. Anyway I'm allergic to pain
Old 13-06-2008, 21:30   #22
God Member

Got my ears pierced twice
Old 13-06-2008, 23:10   #23
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I think tattoos are horrible.
me too,,,especialy when they are all over neck ,body ,arms legs,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,only place they should be is here ...... .....
Old 13-06-2008, 23:14   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret View Post
me too,,,especialy when they are all over neck ,body ,arms legs,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,only place they should be is here ...... .....
Have you no shame…pull yer keks up.

Doubt yer average tatooist would have enough ink in stock to tackle summat that size
Old 13-06-2008, 23:18   #25
God Member

Never had a tattoo

Wouldn't want one either, used to think about it when I was younger
Glad it stopped at the thinking part cos I just imagine what it would look like when someone is old n wrinkly

SOme look good, but I think they look better on a piece of paper

I would look at a drawing of it and think ohh nice, I would look at someone's arm and think ohh your scarred for life
Old 13-06-2008, 23:19   #26

i got to own up to having four tattoos and some piercings cant really remember now why i got them the piercings i can let heal but will have to live with the tattoos for the rest of my life yes as you can gather i wish i never had them done
roundossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2008, 01:35   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
I don't like anybody covered in them but some look ok, if women have them maybe a discreet one or two. Not my sort of thing really and can't understand causing yourself pain unneccessarily.
well ya must hate me then., have loads, first i ever had was when i was 15 on me hand, so i could get served in pubs, cos legally ya had to be 18, it served its purpose it worked. problem was as i got older i hated it, ya never look dressed up wi em on yer hands, had em removed by laser bout 18 months ago, cost a damn site more than to put on.they do fade n blur over time n look a mess on yer arms, so would advise anyone to think long term before getting any,its the sign of a mis-spent youth, but saying that i had a ball.
Old 14-06-2008, 02:52   #28

About 10 years ago whilst on holiday in Greece, my friend and I went "shopping" for an hour (leaving our other halves in a bar) and came back with fake transfer tattoos, with added blusher to make them look painful. We convinced everyone in our group that they were real, and my husband didn't speak to me for the rest of the evening (except to say "why?" and shake his head in disgust).
Old 14-06-2008, 08:58   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Got my ears pierced twice

Four times in each ear but I rarely bother with earrings now - I used to wear huge earrings in each piercing and jangled when i moved.

What with that and the amount of those thin bangles that I used to wear you could probably hear me from a mile off!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2008, 09:20   #30
Full Member+

Saints and Sinners Bingo Champion!
Bezerk Champion!

i used to have a couple of tattoos but had them removed, prefer the scar to the tattoos, had them when I was young and foolish (as opposed to old and fooloish lol)
MITZY is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..