Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-06-2008, 16:05   #61
God Member

Re: Tattoo or not Tattoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITZY View Post
if you think it hurt having it on don't ever have it removed, mine was too big to be done by laser and it hurt what ever they did to remove it.
maybe with hindsight it was a mistake to ring the sandblasters lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-06-2008, 10:53   #62
Senior Member+

I have 2 tattoos, one on my arm which ive had for 9 years now. And one at the bottom of my back, have had that one for 7 years. The one on the bottom of my back needs recolouring and i want it adding to. Also want to get Harry's name somewhere. Neither of them hurt at all.

My Dad has a few, he has one on his shoulder and he passed out with that one. But was fine with the rest. He also did his own when he was at school, its on his hand and says "Kate Bush" its horrid, but thankfully has faded over the years!!

Also have my tongue pierced, which didnt hurt (and no food doesnt get stuck in it)
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2008, 17:35   #63
God Member

I have four; and I'm happy with them all. On my right forearm I have a raven carrying a banner with "Nevermore" on it ... not that I'm a great fan of Poe, but it seemed appropriate after the collapse of my second marriage. Also on my right arm I have a portrait of my favorite dog of all time, with the lettering "Best Friend" and under it her name, "Hera", and her dates 1994 _2004. On my left arm I have a Lancashire Rose. On my back I have a fairly large killer whale done in native style by my friend Abigail who is a member of the Tsimshian First Nation, Gispwudwada (Killer Whale) Clan, from Northern BC. All of them are special in some way, and I regret none of them. My rules for tatoos: think before you ink, know the artist and his/her work, NEVER have the name or portrait of a boyfriend/girlfriend tatooed anywhere on your body.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2008, 17:42   #64
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

my fella has just had grim reaper put on his arm
I was thinking of getting W on each cheek so if i bend over it would say WoW....LOL...

sorry......only JOKING!!!....
Old 19-06-2008, 18:14   #65
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
my fella has just had grim reaper put on his arm
I was thinking of getting W on each cheek so if i bend over it would say WoW....LOL...

sorry......only JOKING!!!....
Shouldn't that be "wOw"?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2008, 18:18   #66
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Shouldn't that be "wOw"?

PMSL.........cheeky ******moonie.gif
Old 19-06-2008, 18:42   #67
Senior Member+

I have a oriental dragon on my back / shoulder. I like it, always have done (although sometimes I do forget its there and it shocks me) My reasoning for getting this done was because my ex said 1) that i couldnt get one done and 2) that I daren't. So just to prove him wrong I got it done. Dont regret it. Do plan on getting another one at some point, just not decided on exactly what and where yet but it will have my boys names on it
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2008, 21:34   #68
Loz

I have four Tattoos.
One on my forearm of a random design which i liked,its a dying rose with bat wings!
I have my Fiances name underneath it,the way i see it even if we do break up its a memory of a wonderful time in my life.
On my left forearm underneath i have a rose with mum written under it which is a tribute to my mum who died 10 years ago and finally i have a dragon on my upper left arm!
Old 26-06-2008, 21:50   #69
Super Moderator

I have an American Indian chieftan in full headress on my upper right arm. Had it done in Bognor Regis a few years ago totally on the spur of the moment. Just saw it in a shop window and wanted it. Never regretted it once. I keep saying I'm going to have an Accrington Stanley crest on my upper left arm, but I haven't got round to it yet. Maybe I will this season.
Old 27-06-2008, 09:45   #70
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz View Post
I have four Tattoos.
One on my forearm of a random design which i liked,its a dying rose with bat wings!
I have my Fiances name underneath it,the way i see it even if we do break up its a memory of a wonderful time in my life.
On my left forearm underneath i have a rose with mum written under it which is a tribute to my mum who died 10 years ago and finally i have a dragon on my upper left arm!
what a lovely way of looking at it

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2008, 23:44   #71
Loz

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
what a lovely way of looking at it
I thought so!
I don't understand why people take a negative view of Tattoos,yes you have it forever but like i said you have great memories forever too!
Old 27-06-2008, 23:45   #72
Loz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
I have an American Indian chieftan in full headress on my upper right arm. Had it done in Bognor Regis a few years ago totally on the spur of the moment. Just saw it in a shop window and wanted it. Never regretted it once. I keep saying I'm going to have an Accrington Stanley crest on my upper left arm, but I haven't got round to it yet. Maybe I will this season.
My Fiance has a Stanley badge on his forearm and it looks really smart but they aren't cheap and take a bit of time but i think if its something you really want it is definately worth it!
Old 29-06-2008, 00:05   #73
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz View Post
My Fiance has a Stanley badge on his forearm and it looks really smart but they aren't cheap and take a bit of time but i think if its something you really want it is definately worth it!
Loz, how much and where?
Old 29-06-2008, 15:17   #74
Loz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Loz, how much and where?
It was 100 pounds from mick's tattoo place across from the castle but i would recommend going to frank's tattoo place just a bit further up from the castle pub on the same side.
Old 29-06-2008, 16:54   #75
Super Moderator

OK, cheers, Loz, will bear this in mind.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..