Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2007, 21:29   #1
Resting in Peace

Titanic Blackburn

Titanic Blackburn

does anyone know what ever happened to the ship, that was in a glass display case at Blackburn:
I think it was the Titanic?
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-02-2007, 21:37   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Titanic Blackburn

Where was it on display?Ewood Park would've been a suitable venue if it was the Titannic
Old 02-02-2007, 21:38   #3
God Member

You mean this one ?

From the Lancashire Evening Telegraph, first published Thursday 25th Nov 1999.
INTEREST has arisen regarding the excellent model of the Isle of Man steamship, The Viking, which was on display in a glass case for many years on Platform Two of Blackburn Railway Station - as recalled by Mr S Holmes (Letters, November 18), who asks what became of it.
The Viking is the property of the Isle of Man Steam Packet Company which commissioned the model and presented it, on loan, for promotional purposes, to the station.
In view of the increase in vandalism and anti-social behaviour, it was decided, very wisely, to remove the model to the safer environs of Blackburn Museum, where it remained on display for a number of years until recently, when at the end of last August, the owners came to reclaim their prized possession.
It is intended to exhibit The Viking and other items for a museum in Douglas, Isle of Man, relative to the history of the company's operations.
Old 02-02-2007, 21:42   #4
Resting in Peace

must be I always thought it was the Titanic: I am sure my Grandad said it was , no wonder I always get things wrong: blame the Grandad :-)
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 22:16   #5
Super Moderator

I'd forgotten all about that, Magpie. When I was a kid, I always liked to go and have a gander at it when we were changing trains. Amazing to think that in those days, you could safely display a model like that in a glass case without fear of it being vandalised or stolen. I wonder how long it would last if it was in the same place today?
Old 02-02-2007, 22:24   #6
God Member

30 seconds or less , sorry

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 22:48   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

knew it was the isle of man boat,but had forgotten the name,thanks dave.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..