Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-04-2015, 06:06   #1
Senior Member+

toe nail cutting

I always cut my wife's toe nails as she is unable to cut them herself, which set me wondering what services are available to pensioners for this service,
if no family member is there to help
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-04-2015, 07:13   #2

Re: toe nail cutting

Mum goes to the Podiatry at Great Harwood Medical Group. She was referred to them by her GP, because her stroke meant she can no longer cut her nails herself. She goes every 10 weeks or so.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2015, 07:39   #3
God Member

I use 'The Footcare Service' 08009788446 - £12 a time for a home visit

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2015, 07:49   #4
Senior Member+

When my mrs did care in the community (about 10 years ago) she used to do that kind of stuff, cut toe nails, apply fungal nail treatment etc.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2015, 08:09   #5
Senior Member+

I think there is a foot service at Accrington PALS PHCC, 1 Paradise St, Accrington.
Tel:- 01254 736017

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2015, 09:13   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
I think there is a foot service at Accrington PALS PHCC, 1 Paradise St, Accrington.
Tel:- 01254 736017
Yes, there is. The podiatrist at Great Harwood said mum could go there if there was anything urgent required. It's free too.
Old 22-04-2015, 11:41   #7
Senior Member+

My usual chiropodist retired last year and I tried PALS but they wouldn't do just a nail cutting service.
You had to have a problem with your feet before they would accept you.
I finished up getting a lady to come every six weeks, she is dearer (X 2) than the one MargaretR suggested but is very professional and spends quite a lot of time making sure everything is done properly.
She has a surgery in town and it's a fiver less if you visit but I prefer a home visit.
PM me if you want her number.
Old 22-04-2015, 14:44   #8
Senior Member+

a lot of interesting feed back, as i said I do cut my wife's at present and was just interested what the situation would be when the time comes when I may not be able to continue doing so, which leads me onto another question does one have to be qualified to cut someones toe nails or is a service that anyone can take up
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2015, 14:46   #9
Senior Member+

My 88 year old mother has a regular chiropody home visit.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2015, 15:42   #10

Reply to post 8 above:

Anyone who calls themselves a podiatrist or chiropodist must register with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). See the following link.

http://www.nhs.uk/livewell/foothealt...odiatrist.aspx

Last edited by Michael1954; 22-04-2015 at 15:47.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..