Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2010, 09:28   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Too Secure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Excuse me for my interference sir .. I have a story.

In August .. got E-Mail from my bank re. this ... 'cause like your goodyerself (nah just yerself) forgot all about it too, until I was asked for this on an ancestry site in December. Didn't particularly read this as thought was some sort of club to join ... said 'no thanks'.

Next time I went on this site ... I had realised what it was all about ... so signed up my present details (well, after forgetting and renewing my password). They refused my payment quoting that this member had notified them that they did not hold a security pass ... They still will not let me on.
That'll teach you for not paying attention
Old 09-01-2010, 15:00   #17
Full Member+

I have never understood how changing your password makes it more secure.
If they don't know your password - it is secure.
If they know your password it is insecure.
How does changing it make it harder to guess?

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 15:03   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe Ex Pat View Post
I have never understood how changing your password makes it more secure.
If they don't know your password - it is secure.
If they know your password it is insecure.
How does changing it make it harder to guess?
agree its complete gobbledegook, just to convince folk there protecting ya.
Old 09-01-2010, 15:08   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
The rules apply to ALL members including ROY i slapped Roy's hands once for posting in Russian
racism

teh abbey are terrible infact it got so bad with them saying my password was incorrect when i knew it wasnt that i gave up on online banking with them

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 16:48   #20
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
racism

teh abbey are terrible infact it got so bad with them saying my password was incorrect when i knew it wasnt that i gave up on online banking with them
Well, with a great fanfare because that's who I use, They put me through several pages last time I logged on, announcing how 'Abbey' is now Satander, doesn't make any difference really the service and the extra charges are still carp!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..