Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2007, 11:19   #1
Beacon of light

Travel insurance.

I have a friend who has just been diagnosed with breast cancer. She is currently undergoing intensive treatment that will last about 18 months.
She has always longed to visit Canada.....now here is where the problem lies......travel insurance is very expensive for people who have Cancer.
Is there anyone out there who knows of an insurance company who will insure this lady at reasonable cost? I should say that the lady in question is 67.
Thankyou in anticipation.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-06-2007, 11:27   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Travel insurance.

I know it can be a problem. I hope your friend makes a full recovery Marg, and that she gets to Canada.

I've found this link which may be some use.

Travel insurance

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 11:59   #3
Beacon of light

Thanks for that info Garinda. My friend has just recently had surgery and is about to embark on a course of combined Chemo and Radiotherapy...she is currently swinging between hope and despair...and her hubby thinks that planning such a trip will give her something positive and pleasant to focus on, and may help her get through the difficult times ahead.
Old 02-06-2007, 13:03   #4
Senior Member+

Pm sent with contact info.

Im sure I can find someone to insure her I have access to 3-4 different companies, some may ask for a doctors certificate though.
Old 02-06-2007, 15:36   #5

Hello there, i would just like to say i am so sorry to hear that i will say a prayer for you when i go to the church tomorow night,and god bless you
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 17:07   #6
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallard View Post
Hello there, i would just like to say i am so sorry to hear that i will say a prayer for you when i go to the church tomorow night,and god bless you
Thank you Mallard.......I am going to Canterbury in a few weeks and I have told her that I will light a candle for her.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..