Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-11-2006, 10:42   #1

Post Traveling around Europe

Hi, people I am going to go to Italy, but can't decide where exactly Could you give me some advice? Perhaps you have been to this country, if yes, where exactly and which hotels did you stay? Thanks you in advance
martahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-11-2006, 12:37   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Traveling around Europe

It depends what you are looking for from your trip. I'm lucky enough to have been there lots of times, and love the country.

Milan and the north is quite cosmopolitan, and it's not too far to go to see the Italian lakes. Como is especially beautiful. If you like opera La Scala is a wonderful venue, as is Verona.

My favourite city in Italy has to be Florence. It's the most beautiful city I've ever been to. We stayed in an apartment right in the heart of the city, within walking distance to the fantastic Duomo. Even if you aren't an art lover a visit to the Uffizi is a must, and you can buy tickets in advance online, which saves you having to queue. The Tuscan countryside is easily accesible from Florence.

Rome is mad. Loud noisey, and a totally different feel to the northern cities. The history and architecture is wonderful. Although like any capital city it can be expensive, you can have a wonderful time and save money by doing it all with a guide bought before you go.

If you fancy seeing a different side to Italy away from the tourist trail, get down to Puglia, in the heel of Italy. Life is much more relaxed, the people are very friendly, and the Trullis, sort of Puglian oast houses, are amazing.

The food of course is wonderful, and there are restaurants to suit most budgets. Clothing is less expensive than here, and you can bag a stylish bargain or two.

Great deals for flight and accomodation can be found online. Train tickets and car deals can also be booked this way, and the public transport system throughout the country is first class.

Next summer I'm hopefully going to Liguria on the north east coast.

I hope you have a wonderful time.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2006, 15:29   #3
Senior Member+

Thanks for that Rindy, very helpful. I'm going next year, we're going to drive there, and stay at Lake Garda for 3 days, Lake Bolsena for 3 days, Florence for 3 days then St Raphael for 2 days. Can't wait.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2006, 16:24   #4
Resident Waffler

Tuscany is lovely, beautiful countryside.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2006, 22:07   #5

Post Gouing to Italy

Hallo Marta
Perhaps these resources will help you in your choice
Italia
Have a nice trip
Jimmihand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2006, 05:12   #6
God Member

avoid Rome , a Great city but these are the most chauvanistic/arrogant folks in the world , a modern day Roman still believes if you come from the north of Rome you are a German fascist pig and if you come from the south of Rome you are an African ape,
ps the Vatican is great , well worth seeing , be sure to get the papal blessing (just as insurance)
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..