Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-02-2009, 20:47   #16
God Member

Re: Travelodge Blackburn or Burnley

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
It will be Norwood Guest House, Stuart there is very fussy, and the rooms are absolutely beautiful with excellent food, however, not cheap and if you are rolling in drunk at night, will have to creep around.
You seem to have spent a lot of time in hotel rooms hon; may I presume to ask ..... maybe not; as Falstaff observed discretion is the better part of valour
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-02-2009, 21:14   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
You seem to have spent a lot of time in hotel rooms hon; may I presume to ask ..... maybe not; as Falstaff observed discretion is the better part of valour
Believe it or not Eric .. Has always been business and not pleasure, have never yet shared my bed with anyone in a hotel room ... sadly... LOL. So no need to listen to fat bellied Falstaff.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2009, 21:25   #18
God Member

Quote:
Believe it or not Eric .. Has always been business and not pleasure, have never yet shared my bed with anyone in a hotel room ... sadly... LOL. So no need to listen to fat bellied Falstaff.
The part about "has always been business" intrigues me Ok, ok, ... I'll quit while I'm ahead ... part of this belongs in "Things I've never done ..."

Ok ... I know I shouldn't find it strange, but the big hotel chains you mention seem to have a large slice of the hotel market ... we have a Travel Lodge, a Holiday Inn, and a Holiday Inn Express, Howard Johson etc. ... hotels are becomming a lot like fast food
Old 19-02-2009, 21:43   #19
Resting in Peace

Well, maybe the ones in Canada Eric .. never been, but if anything like America, the hotel chains you mention are the ones that dominate (like their crappy food chains). Here, in England, we have small n large groups and still many independently owned country/city hotels.

The Travelodges/Holiday Inns/Premier of this world are mainly aimed at business travelers and families who really only wish to stay one night, and are good value for money. Of course, groups like Holiday Inns, have 3 categories of hotels. Oh hell, could go on all night .. but you will only glaze over, and I'm sorta' retired now.

Maybe now I should concentrate on something I have never done in my life as would not be mixing business with pleasure which I never believed in.

Yes, perhaps should start a thread now on things you have never done and will set out to do ..
Old 19-02-2009, 22:09   #20
God Member

Quote:
Well, maybe the ones in Canada Eric .. never been, but if anything like America, the hotel chains you mention are the ones that dominate (like their crappy food chains). Here, in England, we have small n large groups and still many independently owned country/city hotels.

The Travelodges/Holiday Inns/Premier of this world are mainly aimed at business travelers and families who really only wish to stay one night, and are good value for money. Of course, groups like Holiday Inns, have 3 categories of hotels. Oh hell, could go on all night .. but you will only glaze over, and I'm sorta' retired now.

Maybe now I should concentrate on something I have never done in my life as would not be mixing business with pleasure which I never believed in.

Yes, perhaps should start a thread now on things you have never done and will set out to do ..
Don't usually glaze over until the fourth or fifth beer and the second bong and its still early here.

Come to think of it, that wouldn't be a bad idea for a thread.
Old 20-02-2009, 10:35   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
It will be Norwood Guest House, Stuart there is very fussy, and the rooms are absolutely beautiful with excellent food, however, not cheap and if you are rolling in drunk at night, will have to creep around.
That's a contradiction of terms kate "if you are rolling in drunk at night, will have to creep around" drunk and creeping around don't go hand in glove really in my memory, must be that your a lady even when blotto
Old 20-02-2009, 16:22   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldclaytonian View Post
Thanks all for your help. Blackburn would be better for me as it is nearer to my wife's family and meals are not a problem as we would be eating out with them or friends. As long as the place is clean and the beds are OK then that is all we need. It is just that I have heard recently about some Travelodges being run down so was checking if anyone knew if those two were OK

Then I wouls recommend The Fernhurst, near Ewood Park Blackburn, an excellent pib with a Premier Lodge built on the side
Old 20-02-2009, 16:31   #23

Thank you all for your suggestions which have given me a task to sort out this weekend. I knew that I could rely on friendly northeners to help me out, that is the one thing I missed when I moved away. Look forward to posting more in future
claytonheath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2009, 16:47   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmc View Post
Then I wouls recommend The Fernhurst, near Ewood Park Blackburn, an excellent pib with a Premier Lodge built on the side
That sounds quite good too .. poor Old Claytonian, bet he is more confused than ever. There all OK though.

Enjoy your party and please don't make too much noise, have respect for us residents ....
Old 20-02-2009, 17:20   #25

Quote:
That sounds quite good too .. poor Old Claytonian, bet he is more confused than ever. There all OK though.

Enjoy your party and please don't make too much noise, have respect for us residents ....
Thanks Katex, I promise to be very quiet when passing through to wherever I end up staying..the chances are that I wouldn't know where I was anyway, Clayton has changed that much since I left in 1977. Whenever I go back I see something new, I can't believe the number of houses there, especially on the fields I used to spend my childhood at the 'bottom end' and Blackburn Road. There wasn't a motorway then and you could get a drink in the the Load of Mischief!! I don't know what I am going to find this visit, first for 3 years!
claytonheath is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..