Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2009, 09:27   #1

Unhappy TV channels disappearing.

Does anyone have any idea why 4 of the main channels on my TV are going off at 12.30am for the previous 3 nights? At the same time most of the channels (which are through a Freeview box) on my other TV are also off. Both TV's are run from different aerials so that isn't the problem. Is there some maintenance work going on besides getting ready for digital switchover. All the channels reappear by morning.
mothernature is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-09-2009, 09:31   #2
God Member

Re: TV channels disappearing.

Due to work on the Winter Hill transmitter in preparation for the digital switchover.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:00   #3
Resting in Peace

BBC 1 was of during the night but it was still on free view
Old 09-09-2009, 10:06   #4
Resting in Peace

No problems at Benitowers,all working well on Freeview.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:24   #5
Beacon of light

there have been announcements that there may be breaks in service, due to essential work making ready for the digital switch-over on the 4th of November........I think that it may only affect you if you are viewing on the analogue system......so if you already own a digital box(freeview/sky/etc) then your viewing should be uninterrupted.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:33   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
there have been announcements that there may be breaks in service, due to essential work making ready for the digital switch-over on the 4th of November........I think that it may only affect you if you are viewing on the analogue system......so if you already own a digital box(freeview/sky/etc) then your viewing should be uninterrupted.
Both my TVs have built in Freeview Margaret, so they were working okay
Old 09-09-2009, 10:40   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

My tv has built in freeview but lost a few channels last night...
Old 09-09-2009, 10:52   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNX1 View Post
My tv has built in freeview but lost a few channels last night...
Organise a search party from the Railway LYNX they find um fore you
Old 09-09-2009, 12:17   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Organise a search party from the Railway LYNX they find um fore you
You are kidding jaysay that lot can't find their bums with both hands lol
Old 09-09-2009, 12:22   #10
God Member

If your Tv is like mine, and it sounds as though it is, you have the choice of watching via Freeview or the 'ordinary way'
Maybe you were watching the old style channels, and not via freeview.
I am not technically minded - shoot me down in flames if you so wish

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:35   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
If your Tv is like mine, and it sounds as though it is, you have the choice of watching via Freeview or the 'ordinary way'
Maybe you were watching the old style channels, and not via freeview.
I am not technically minded - shoot me down in flames if you so wish
Always watch via dtv Margaret......but new system being installed here so I am putting it down to that.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:46   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNX1 View Post
Always watch via dtv Margaret......but new system being installed here so I am putting it down to that.
As a Hyndburn Homes tenant, I am getting the new ariel install too.
Stage 1 - exterior - done
Stage 2 - interior work - done
Stage 3 - activation of new ariel - not yet.

They will be increasing the 'ariel charge' on the rent when they do, so I'm in no hurry. I can't recall the precise sum but think it's about 70odd pence a week

My neighbour tells me that elsewhere on this estate tenants have been told that each block will need a tenant to provide a power supply for an ariel booster - that's adding insult to injury - pay for the ariel and the power so your neighbours can use it

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:56   #13

My neighbour tells me that elsewhere on this estate tenants have been told that each block will need a tenant to provide a power supply for an ariel booster - that's adding insult to injury - pay for the ariel and the power so your neighbours can use it[/quote]

Haven't heard that Margaret.....but will have a word with alan downstairs (he knows everything) but I think its a bit iffy asking someone to cough up for that.
Old 09-09-2009, 13:10   #14
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothernature View Post
Does anyone have any idea why 4 of the main channels on my TV are going off at 12.30am for the previous 3 nights? At the same time most of the channels (which are through a Freeview box) on my other TV are also off. Both TV's are run from different aerials so that isn't the problem. Is there some maintenance work going on besides getting ready for digital switchover. All the channels reappear by morning.
All the analogue channels disappeared on the Woodnook relay last night. not ony that but it upset the DVD-Video recorder and I had to reset time and date.

Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 13:33   #15
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
My neighbour tells me that elsewhere on this estate tenants have been told that each block will need a tenant to provide a power supply for an ariel booster - that's adding insult to injury - pay for the ariel and the power so your neighbours can use it
I went to view a flat before I moved in here, the front door had been badly repaired as had the casing, I asked the person showing me around what had happened and if the door would be replaced.

"Oh well you see, the last tenant had gone on holiday and switched the electric off, this caused the aerial system to stop working so we kicked the door in and turned his power back on, the Landlord says he won't repair the door as it was that tenants own fault."

I decided not to take the flat.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

« help | Eye Test »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..