Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2009, 13:21   #1
Senior Member+

Tyres

Where is the cheapest place locally to buy tyres from? I need 2 new tyres and i know they wont be cheap to replace but need to find the cheapest place to buy them and have them fitted.

Anyone any suggestions??
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-07-2009, 13:24   #2

Re: Tyres

We go to Empress Motors on Ellerbeck Road, they are resonably priced and have cheaper options too... If you want to give them a ring the number is 01254 236609
Old 08-07-2009, 13:52   #3
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
Where is the cheapest place locally to buy tyres from? I need 2 new tyres and i know they wont be cheap to replace but need to find the cheapest place to buy them and have them fitted.

Anyone any suggestions??
Ist left off Hyndburn Rd, when you leave the magic roundabout going towards Asda. Why go for cheapo's when your life could depend on them.

Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 13:58   #4
God Member

Have a look HERE 1st to get an idea on the price for the tyre sizes you want, I got two fitted to mine recently, shopped around a bit and found THESE give me the best deal, have used them a few times in the past too, places I compared prices with were - Baxenden - Ossy tyres - T. Blanks and the place that used to be the Greyhound pub at Church
PS - dont accept his 1st price, you can knock him down a bit

Yeah as Retlaw says DONT buy cheap tyres, buy good tyres at the best price you can find

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 16:46   #5
God Member

Van Zuylen's on Concession St. .... and they will check your brakes and suspension at no extra charge when they install the tires .... and when winter comes along they will give you free installation on your winter tires .... and how come you guys can't spell?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 17:29   #6
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Van Zuylen's on Concession St. .... and they will check your brakes and suspension at no extra charge when they install the tires .... and when winter comes along they will give you free installation on your winter tires .... and how come you guys can't spell?
Gone bluudy native on us Eric, Tyres is Tyres them thingy bobs that you put on wheels, Tires is when tha powfagged.

Retlaw
Old 08-07-2009, 18:18   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
Have a look HERE 1st to get an idea on the price for the tyre sizes you want, I got two fitted to mine recently, shopped around a bit and found THESE give me the best deal, have used them a few times in the past too, places I compared prices with were - Baxenden - Ossy tyres - T. Blanks and the place that used to be the Greyhound pub at Church
PS - dont accept his 1st price, you can knock him down a bit

Yeah as Retlaw says DONT buy cheap tyres, buy good tyres at the best price you can find
Even the cheap ones are £40+ each
Old 08-07-2009, 18:22   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
Even the cheap ones are £40+ each
Don't complain - they ARE cheap, do you want to buy some for my car

www.ubuntu.com

Old 08-07-2009, 18:28   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Gone bluudy native on us Eric, Tyres is Tyres them thingy bobs that you put on wheels, Tires is when tha powfagged.

Retlaw
I always thought that Tyre was an ancient city .... you know, Kipling wrote "and all our pomp of yesterday is one with Nineveh and Tyre" or somethinglike that
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 18:31   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
Don't complain - they ARE cheap, do you want to buy some for my car
Emma, say NO to that, his tyres cost a bloody fortune, try doubling the price of your tyres and then some...and thats PER tyre
Old 08-07-2009, 18:34   #11
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I always thought that Tyre was an ancient city .... you know, Kipling wrote "and all our pomp of yesterday is one with Nineveh and Tyre" or somethinglike that
You mean like what Ernie Wise has just wrote.
You've missed the ne off Tyrene an old boat ur sumat.

Retlaw.
Old 08-07-2009, 18:37   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Emma, say NO to that, his tyres cost a bloody fortune, try doubling the price of your tyres and then some...and thats PER tyre
OI shhhh, I might need some more soon

www.ubuntu.com

Old 08-07-2009, 18:43   #13
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device
Cough they can be rather expensive. But when its just 4 tiny patches of them that are the difference between stopping in time or hitting that child. . . .

Tell me you would rather save a few quid then.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 19:05   #14
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Cough they can be rather expensive. But when its just 4 tiny patches of them that are the difference between stopping in time or hitting that child. . . .

Tell me you would rather save a few quid then.
It is always painful paying for tyres - I used to get mine free

What size are you looking for emzy?
Old 08-07-2009, 20:00   #15
Senior Member+

I'm after 205/45/R16's

And the £40+ ones were the cheap cheap ones, which i don't really wanna buy. 95% of the time my kids are in the car with me, which is why i dont want part worn or remoulds, because of my childrens safety, wouldnt risk it over a few quid to be honest

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..