Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-11-2006, 17:54   #16
God Member

Re: Urgent, can anyone help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Hope things get sorted for you both...and hope a ladyboy bites the kn*b off your former friend in Thailand!
Garinda you must have read my mind mate!!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-11-2006, 21:20   #17
God Member

And your too nice a bloke to mention his name ? Not that most of us don't know anyways..

Cant see the supporters club getting there 100 quid (paid for ladies tooilet to be done up) back either.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:22   #18
God Member

go-on then Kipax, name and shame

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 07:08   #19
Resident Waffler

How awful to be conned like that by a person you trusted. When it's someone you thought was a mate that makes it even worse. I'm glad to hear you got somebody to come round and sort out the leak and hope it won't be too long before you can get the rest fixed.

It's demoralising when the police can't do anything either isn't it? You'd think it was a crime wouldn't you, taking somebody's money and clearing off to Thailand with it.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 07:48   #20
God Member

If you think about it its a bit sad on two counts, firstly for UKcowboy but secondly that a person should effectively sell his friends and hometown for such a small amount of money(yes, I know 3K is a lot in one swoop but in the course of a lifetime its nowt) as he can't come back to it now.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 07:56   #21
God Member

oh he definitely can't come back to accy. he was mates to a few of us and as far as we know has only does this to uk and sparkie.. whats strange is they probably did more for him and helped him more than anyone else..

But for me.. I know people thieve and I know there arn't many angels about.. some of my mates are rouges... But I wouldnt want to be mates with someone who could hurt a friend.. I would name and shame in a second on here.. but there maybe a reason ukcowboy hasnt and as he has been effected most then....
Old 01-12-2006, 11:31   #22
God Member

I'm still gobsmacked at this, especially after as kipax said pete and sarah did so much for this fella!!!!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 13:48   #23
God Member

I have no problems 'naming and shaming' the guy............most accyweb members will know him anyway.

I had totally forgoten about the Supporters Club giving him £100 to spruce up the ladies toilets at Stanley.

Yes Sparks and I did do a lot for him when he was homeless/potless, we gave him a roof over his head for 9 months or so and didnt charge him a penny in rent etc, coz we thought that was what 'mates' do......guess we were wrong huh!!?

Well BUDMAK ( AKA Michael Anthony Kenyon )should you ever decide to show your face in Accy again please do pop round for a chat

On a more positive note, thanks to Tommy,a local plumber, who came round last night and sorted out the leak at very short notice so at l;east we can now have a bath!!!!

www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
Old 01-12-2006, 13:52   #24
God Member

Real glad ya can now have a bath...
Old 01-12-2006, 14:05   #25
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
go-on then Kipax, name and shame

I follow his jib, I'm gutted that this has happened to you, more so at this time of year, for what I know of you, you are both very decent and likeable indivduals. |What this gentleman has done is an insult to all decent people, everwhere. I really hope that you find the right people to put things right.

I am suprised at the indivdual who perpetrated this act, more so if it's the one I think is responsible.

(I should have continued to read the thread before commenting)

Q: Was the work that was been done abroad genuine or not?

Glad to here that you've had a bath ahead of tomorrows game.....

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Last edited by Doug; 01-12-2006 at 14:10.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 14:27   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
I follow his jib, I'm gutted that this has happened to you, more so at this time of year, for what I know of you, you are both very decent and likeable indivduals. |What this gentleman has done is an insult to all decent people, everwhere. I really hope that you find the right people to put things right.

I am suprised at the indivdual who perpetrated this act, more so if it's the one I think is responsible.

(I should have continued to read the thread before commenting)

Q: Was the work that was been done abroad genuine or not?

Glad to here that you've had a bath ahead of tomorrows game.....

to be honest Doug I dont know, I would like to think He had a modicum of decency in Him, and that the 'work abroad ' was for real. However on this showing I'm afraid I have my doubts.

www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
Old 01-12-2006, 14:34   #27
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
to be honest Doug I dont know, I would like to think He had a modicum of decency in Him, and that the 'work abroad ' was for real. However on this showing I'm afraid I have my doubts.

******, Gutted because I'd like to think that in cases like this you can trust that what you gave is making a differance to peoples lives, more so when it's kids. I suppose we have to accept that there's always those that will explote such tragic events. can I ask, was their a relative lost over there are is that untrue?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 01-12-2006, 14:42   #28
God Member

Im afraid yet again I must say I have my doubts..................but deep inside I so hope that we werent 'conned' on that one again.

If someone could be so callous as to invent such a story then they are totally beyond any help any decent person could offer.

That said Doug, I could be doing the guy a mis service, however I suspect we shall never know.

www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
Old 01-12-2006, 14:50   #29
Member.

Cheer’s UK. Like you say, we can only hope. I have to say that aspect has upset me some what. Still we live and learn, at least we can only hope we do. Gutted on both counts.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 01-12-2006, 14:53   #30
God Member

To be perfectly honest none of us know whats true or not... We have since found out he has multiple passports and driving licences..

He has sold his boat that he was supposedly living on.. his power tools and other odds and sodds on ebay... this and the timing he had with uk cowboy.. the day he had set to come back to petes to do more work was the same day he was going to thailand.. I thought maybe he had lost the money or somehting and couldnt face pete.. but it turns out that isn't possible.. it was all worked out

However the good money is on him not even going abroad..

The chances are he will be reading this thread at some point in time because no matter where he is.. he will have internet access and will be curious..

All I have to say is

Mike....A good old fiddle.. or doing an insurance scam or not repaying the provvy... I could live with knowing that.... But stealing from friends who have helped you.. how could you do that?

If your not sleeping at night. send the money back.. It wont make up for anything but you will at least know your not hurting people who went that extra mile for you. You know how to.. Do it soon..

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..