Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-11-2006, 20:23   #1
God Member

Urgent, can anyone help?

Guys/gals, Sparkie and I are in the s***..............the so called 'mate' that we employed to do up our house has apparently left the country for good leaving us with a half finished kitchen, a bathroom that is unusable as every time you turn on the hot water we get a major leak through the kitchen ceiling, and to top it all He was paid up front for the new central heating system to the tune of our last £3000 and f***** off to bloody Thailand with it

Are there any plumbers/ central heating installers on here that might be able to help us?

We do have access to more funds but Ill be honest ad say they are limited, were not looking for 'charity' though, just someone that will do the job and not rip us off.

If you know opr can recomend someone please pm me asap...........many thanks all.

Pete n Sarah

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-11-2006, 20:37   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Urgent, can anyone help?

Sorry to hear about the bad luck you are having, Neil at DPG Plumbing and Heating is very good, and not too expensive either.

He is fully Corgi registered and dosn't charge for estimates. He advertises in the yellow pages, that's where I found him a couple of years ago and have used him ever since. His number is 07739 372 987.

Hope this helps

buttonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2006, 20:41   #3
God Member

Thankyou Buttonsmum, I will give him a call tomorrow.

www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
Old 29-11-2006, 02:21   #4
Yank in King Art's Court!

What a terrible situation Pete and Sarah! So sorry for your dilemma especially around the holidays and all. Any chance of getting the money back eventually through the courts? I'd make a joke about breaking your mates legs but you guys have probably thought worse eh? Chin up and good luck finding someone quickly!

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2006, 02:23   #5
Senior Member+

eek

sorry to hear bout this we use a regular plumber guy - very very good we've had 4 boilers fitted by him and he fixed up many other things in my houses.

i'll get the number and post it up for ya
Old 29-11-2006, 09:45   #6
God Member

Crikey Pete & sarah what a nightmare....and I had been asking him about doing my kitchen early next year too!!!!

Hope it all gets sorted soon, your welcome round here for a good meal and a good wash and shower anytime mates

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2006, 16:53   #7
I am Banned

oh dear oh dear
silvermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2006, 17:00   #8
I am Band

Exclamation Re: Urgent, can anyone help?

Very sorry to hear about your predicament.

May I suggest that you make an official complaint to the police regarding your ex-friend. Perhaps if his mis-demeanour goes on record, he may be intercepted & have his collar felt next time he passes through customs, when returning to blighty!

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2006, 18:37   #9
Senior Member+

First may i sympathise with you.But a bit of advice(a bit late now i know),never pay for any work until it's done & to your satisfaction.I know this bloke was supposed to be a mate & you could trust him(wich must make it worse),but 3 grand is a lot of money & as they say,every man has his price
Old 29-11-2006, 21:09   #10

Really sorry to hear about this pete & sarah. What a complete scumbag he is, It was around 3pm on monday i tried to ring him, no answer then around an hour or so later got a call back, it sounded like kids but in a forign lingo.
I am shocked, if there is anything at all i can do to help you out, please just ask.

The guy neil the plumber(DPG) is spot on, did some work recently for me. Very professional and very honest. GOOD LUCK BUD!

Last edited by spud; 29-11-2006 at 21:19. Reason: got day wrong
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2006, 21:14   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell silver View Post
But a bit of advice(a bit late now i know),never pay for any work until it's done
I think that's obvious maxell.
The bloke was a trusted friend of them, his actions could not have been predicted.

All the best Pete & Sarah, I hope all is sorted for you soon & that ****** gets his come-uppance.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2006, 21:19   #12
Accy Goddess

Sorry to hear about your trouble Pete & Sarah. There really are some nasty people about.
It makes it even worse when you think they are friends.
What comes around goes around.
Hope it's sorted soon. xx
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2006, 21:57   #13
Senior Member+

I may be able to help you out as I work with corgi plumbers/central heating guys...let me speak to them tomorrow but I do know that 99% are all booked just now as most decent plumbers are/will be...be wary of a plumber that can 'come round straight away'.....I shall get back to you.
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2006, 17:43   #14
God Member

I really dont know what to say, apart from thankyou to everyone who has answerd this thread/called my mobile and stopped me in the street to say how sorry they were................its at times like this you find out who your REAL mates are, so once again THANK YOU ALL.

As for reporting it to the police, I did do but was told that they couldnt get involved as it would be classed as a civil matter, and therefore I could go through the civil courts to get the cash back, however thier jurisdictio doesnt quite stretch to Thailand !

Thanks for the recomendations as well, and Glasgowguy I have pmd you my mobile/home numbers mate, thanks!

I have managed to get a plumber to come and fix the leak,should be here in half an hour, so fingers crossed, but youre right every plumber and his mate are booked right up!!

Anyway I will keep you all posted as to how things pan out, and once again many many thanks.

Pete n Sarah
xx

www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
Old 30-11-2006, 17:51   #15
Give, give, give member

Hope things get sorted for you both...and hope a ladyboy bites the kn*b off your former friend in Thailand!

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..