Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-12-2008, 12:05   #1
Resting in Peace

video tape to dvd

does anyone know of anywhere local where this can be done...

I have a old tape with my late father in -law and would like to have it put on to dvd many thanks....
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-12-2008, 12:07   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: video tape to dvd

Have a word with Less he has the stuff to do this and has done it for a few members on here and he does not charge too much
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 12:34   #3
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Have a word with Less he has the stuff to do this and has done it for a few members on here and he does not charge too much
If by too much you mean nothing, no, I don't, I've always done it as a favour so far so long as the disks I use are replaced.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 14:55   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
If by too much you mean nothing, no, I don't, I've always done it as a favour so far so long as the disks I use are replaced.
sent you a pm less: thank you
Old 14-12-2008, 15:29   #5
God Member

Now that magpie has pm'd Less it may be a good idea to delete this thread. If it gets out that he helps people on Accyweb his reputation abroad as a grumpy old git will be shot to pieces
Old 14-12-2008, 15:34   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Now that magpie has pm'd Less it may be a good idea to delete this thread. If it gets out that he helps people on Accyweb his reputation abroad as a grumpy old git will be shot to pieces

cheers yes please delete it if you can.... then somone won't know what they are getting for a stocking filler...

thanks again Accy web saves Christmas ( well the day anyway ) :-)
Old 14-12-2008, 15:52   #7

Quote:
Quote:

cheers yes please delete it if you can.... then somone won't know what they are getting for a stocking filler...

thanks again Accy web saves Christmas ( well the day anyway ) :-)
Don't you dare delete it!
I want the Troll to know how wrong he has always been, (not that this will make much difference, he'll just follow me to some other thread and leave his mess there).
Old 14-12-2008, 19:22   #8

In case there is anyone else out there, that has something similar to magpie, I'm going to be getting the video equipment out and set up, let me know, either post on here or P.M. me and I'll try to get it done for you.
Old 14-12-2008, 20:45   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
He's not grumpy and old.He's younger than me and is only helping me out on the odd day I feel happy.
Thanks Less.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 04:06   #10

Thumbs up Re: video tape to dvd

I used a local firm about 2 months ago with disastrous consequencies, even though I managed to drop it in they chewed up a tape and blamed it on me. I ended up sending them off to Superior Video to DVD Transfer who did a good job in the end. I got these for the whole family to watch on Christmas day (I haven't made them watch these for 20 years!) I think the lesson is go with a recommendation. I wish I new about Less above before all of this. First time I've been able to help on this forum, Good luck.

Last edited by BernardJ; 15-12-2008 at 04:08.
BernardJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 19:39   #11
Resting in Peace

Have to say a big Thanks to Les : for making me a copy from video to dvd: first class job and made someone really happy....

To me this is a big part of Accy Web.... helping each other out where you can...

again thanks: Magpie

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..