Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-08-2010, 23:43   #1
Senior Member+

warmfront - anyone dealt with them before?

due to a change in our circumstances it would appear that we qualify for the grant for new central heating with this company, now I know not much if anything about them.
so has anyone had them fit a system before and was it one of their own guys or is the job put out to tender? or what?
and if you have had them fit your system - was it a decent job?

thanks..
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-08-2010, 07:32   #2

Re: warmfront - anyone dealt with them before?

glasgow guy...
i had central heating put in by warmfront three years ago and found it very impressive indeed.three guys came and started the job on tuesday morning and had finished thursday afternoon.
the lads were from padiham and did a great job.you also get a free service for two years.just one note of caution i had an extra radiator that they tried to bill me for twice.when i rang warmfront up about it they tried to blame sub contractors until i informed them i didnt even know who sub contractors were.everything fine in the end.also had loft done twelve months ago two guys job done in one hour..can recommend certainly..
Old 22-08-2010, 08:37   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow guy View Post
due to a change in our circumstances it would appear that we qualify for the grant for new central heating with this company, now I know not much if anything about them.
so has anyone had them fit a system before and was it one of their own guys or is the job put out to tender? or what?
and if you have had them fit your system - was it a decent job?

thanks..
In my opinion GG derekgas wold be the best person to ask about this really as he's in the trade and will have had plenty of feed back
Old 22-08-2010, 08:49   #4
Beacon of light

I was going to suggest the same thing John.
With some of these companies, because they work so fast and so cheaply the pipes are not hidden......which for some people may not be an issue, but I would not wan central heating pipework on view.......and it is much harder to camoufalge once it has been done this way.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2010, 09:17   #5

margaret.
all the pipeworkon my central heating is under the floorboards apart from one in living room which they covered in with plastic casing.
all in all they did a very good job on my house and i had no complaints.
Old 22-08-2010, 09:21   #6
God Member

Derek has discussed them before

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ont-39944.html
Old 22-08-2010, 09:45   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
On the ball again Dave
Old 22-08-2010, 10:14   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
In my opinion GG derekgas wold be the best person to ask about this really as he's in the trade and will have had plenty of feed back
I also work with plumbers in my job and I shall be asking tomorrow when I am back in, I asked just now to find out if anyone on here has and so far someone has and they done a god job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I was going to suggest the same thing John.
With some of these companies, because they work so fast and so cheaply the pipes are not hidden......which for some people may not be an issue, but I would not wan central heating pipework on view.......and it is much harder to camoufalge once it has been done this way.
we are only looking to have new radiators and new boiler fitted so not much pipe work should be touched that has to be hidden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
that is from 2 years ago - they could have improved 10 fold since then..
Old 22-08-2010, 10:25   #9

GG, also try the A1 schemes.

If you get them round, make sure you see their ID's & note down who they are etc.
Watch them like a hawk and dont let them rip you off.

Warm Front have a very bad reputation.
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2010, 10:32   #10
Beacon of light

my next door neighbour who is in her 80's had work done by them and the pipework is covered by casing, but it is prominent and ugly....but she isn't bothered as she says she would prefer to be warm...and when she is gone, who-ever buys the house will have something to work on.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2010, 17:52   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow guy View Post
that is from 2 years ago - they could have improved 10 fold since then..

I didn't look at the date to be honest, but I think the main points from it are that Warmfront don't do the work, they sub it out. From this thread already it seems it's pot luck if you get a good one or not. I would guess the main issue is that if you get a bad one how would warmfront deal with it.
Old 22-08-2010, 21:03   #12

GG, what heating do you have in now?
Old 23-08-2010, 00:40   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylad View Post
GG, what heating do you have in now?
the central heating we have in just now is probably the worst system I have ever had the mis fortune to own/run..

to cut a long story short we have to have our system on every day, just about all day - every month - throught the whole year in order to have hot water.
if our boiler isnt on then no hot water.
in summer we go round the house and turn all the rads off.
and in winter we turn them all back on.
and yes our gas bill is totally phenominal.
the system had already been installed years previously before we bought the house.

to have a normal heating system and to see what money we would save as opposed what we shell out just now would probably be frightening to be honest.

now you may ask why we havent had it changed before now but the house when we bought needed alot of work done to it (we got it cheap!)and the central heating wasnt top of the list..its only now after 7 years of half a house renovation that we are in a position to think about the heating system - and we also find ourselves in the position that we can get a grant towards a new set up.. hence my original post and then I could let someone else do the work for a change..
and the thing is that if we do go ahead and get it the hot water tanks in my bathroom get ripped out which creates and an extra 8/9 ft long by 2.3ft wide space in said bathroom which then makes me want to move things about in there - the work never ends..
I would be as well working for a builders or something..

Last edited by glasgow guy; 23-08-2010 at 00:47.
Old 23-08-2010, 06:57   #14

Actually I was wondering if you had electric heaters in, because then you may be bale to get an A1 heatswitch grant for swapping to gas CH.

I did & got £1300 so got my boiler replaced.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..