Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Was Diana Murdered
Yes! 18 69.23%
No! 8 30.77%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-05-2012, 17:59   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Was Princess Diana Murdered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Couldn't have put it better myself, John. Though possibly driving it would have made more sense?
Yip totally agree
Old 23-05-2012, 18:14   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Na a flaming drunk Frenchman diving a German car at speed = disaster
That's the second time this month I have to agree with you ... and the fifth time I can actually understand your post.

It's much more dramatic, and, in a sense, romantic to think that she died because of a fiendish plot put together in some secret tomblike office "somewher in London", and not because she was dumb enough to get in a car with a drunk behind the wheel ... and that she compounded this stupidity by not wearing a seat belt.

When it comes to dying celebs can go just like the rest of us, only in more expensive settings. TS Diana ... you were mortal. Rather than mourn the passing of a saint (thank god she wasn't RC), make a donation to MADD.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2012, 18:18   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
That's the second time this month I have to agree with you ... and the fifth time I can actually understand your post.

It's much more dramatic, and, in a sense, romantic to think that she died because of a fiendish plot put together in some secret tomblike office "somewher in London", and not because she was dumb enough to get in a car with a drunk behind the wheel ... and that she compounded this stupidity by not wearing a seat belt.

When it comes to dying celebs can go just like the rest of us, only in more expensive settings. TS Diana ... you were mortal. Rather than mourn the passing of a saint (thank god she wasn't RC), make a donation to MADD.
Ya forgot about her not wearing a seat belt, even though the driver was drunk, a wee bit silly really, mind you you don't really get a chance to do that twice do ya
Old 23-05-2012, 18:36   #19
God Member

Quote:
Ya forgot about her not wearing a seat belt, even though the driver was drunk, a wee bit silly really, mind you you don't really get a chance to do that twice do ya
And here's this from the guy who was wearing a seatbelt. I'm sure you will appreciate the source

After 10 years, has Diana's bodyguard finally remembered what happened that night? | Mail Online
Old 23-05-2012, 18:41   #20
God Member

Hey, Jaysay, if I keep agreeing with you, and I read the "Daily Mail", does that mean I can be one of The Three Stooges? I know that will make four, but were there not nine band members in The Temperance Seven? Hey, just call me Shemp
Old 23-05-2012, 18:47   #21
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Hey, Jaysay, if I keep agreeing with you, and I read the "Daily Mail", does that mean I can be one of The Three Stooges? I know that will make four, but were there not nine band members in The Temperance Seven? Hey, just call me Shemp
I agree too Eric... you, me and Jaysay - we could be the Three Stooges between us - or do they all have to be blokes?
Old 23-05-2012, 19:05   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Well people usually, given time, come round to seeing things my way
Old 23-05-2012, 19:19   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
I agree too Eric... you, me and Jaysay - we could be the Three Stooges between us - or do they all have to be blokes?
Equal opportunity rules ... this ain't the 50s ... (although the fact that I remember them, even to the point of winning the sack race in a sports day held to celebrate the Coronation, makes me feel kinda old fartish). Maybe we could be the new "Temperance Seven" ... that would leave room for more members. Someone told me once (and it wasn't Mr. Google) that there were nine members in the band because "nine" was "one over the eight" ... apokrawful, (obligatory "Jayism"), maybe; but it's a neat little joke.

However, my primary allegiance is to the ultra-exclusive "Fellowship of the Hat"

Remember, anyone who has fallen down drunk in Medicine Hat is invited to apply.
Old 23-05-2012, 19:23   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Equal opportunity rules ... this ain't the 50s ... (although the fact that I remember them, even to the point of winning the sack race in a sports day held to celebrate the Coronation, makes me feel kinda old fartish). Maybe we could be the new "Temperance Seven" ... that would leave room for more members. Someone told me once (and it wasn't Mr. Google) that there were nine members in the band because "nine" was "one over the eight" ... apokrawful, (obligatory "Jayism"), maybe; but it's a neat little joke.

However, my primary allegiance is to the ultra-exclusive "Fellowship of the Hat"

Do not take the name of Jaysay in vain young Eric
Old 23-05-2012, 19:30   #25
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
...However, my primary allegiance is to the ultra-exclusive "Fellowship of the Hat"

And so it shall be until the end of days my friend.
Old 23-05-2012, 20:25   #26
God Member

Quote:
Do not take the name of Jaysay in vain young Eric
Young ... ahm owder'n thee bi a sixmonth 'n more ... sheesh, kids today
Old 24-05-2012, 08:53   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Young ... ahm owder'n thee bi a sixmonth 'n more ... sheesh, kids today
Ya Eric its what I'm always saying to my Daughter, there's only two things in life I hate, bad beer and cheeky kids, that was okay when she was a teenager, but she scowls at me now, shes now 44
Old 25-05-2012, 15:45   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Yes, She didn't fit in with the Royal Family.
I think she was because she was a loose canon - she worked against land mines and one rumour is she intended to start campaigning for the Palastinians. I believe the Gulf War was planned and for one reason she could have spoken out of turn which would have been totally unacceptable for the mother of a Royal Prince's - involved in war. Other reasons as well.

The Queen said to Paul Burrell

"There are powers at work in this country which we have no knowledge about,"

Quote from...

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread287016/pg1

Last edited by kestrelx; 25-05-2012 at 15:49.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 17:20   #29
Resting In Peace

I see from the poll results that the majority agree that Diana was murdered. I'd be interested to know if these people are also anti the Royal Family in general. Presumably they think that they were the ones behind the assassination, if there was one.
Old 25-05-2012, 17:41   #30
Resting in Peace

Be quite honest its just another load of conspiracy claptrap, let the woman rest in peace for gods sack

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..