Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Was Diana Murdered
Yes! 18 69.23%
No! 8 30.77%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-05-2012, 17:49   #31
JFT96

Re: Was Princess Diana Murdered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
That's the second time this month I have to agree with you ... and the fifth time I can actually understand your post.

It's much more dramatic, and, in a sense, romantic to think that she died because of a fiendish plot put together in some secret tomblike office "somewher in London", and not because she was dumb enough to get in a car with a drunk behind the wheel ... and that she compounded this stupidity by not wearing a seat belt.

When it comes to dying celebs can go just like the rest of us, only in more expensive settings. TS Diana ... you were mortal. Rather than mourn the passing of a saint (thank god she wasn't RC), make a donation to MADD.
With you there Eric and Jay, the facts are all there for all to see.
She was in the back of a Mercedes Benz S class not wearing a seatbelt, yet the passenger in the front seat, who was wearing a seat belt survived.
Surely it would have been easier to tamper with the fuel on the private jet she and Dodi had flown in to Paris on?
The morning of her death, a good friend of mine who sold Mercedes Benz, told me she was not wearing a seatbelt.
Having driven a S class 500, around 12 months before the accident, i can agree with this. They are without equal, even Mrs BG's Volvo is not as solid as one of those

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-05-2012, 18:00   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Daft fer not wearing a seatbelt- certainly, been guilty of that meself particularly at night,(harder to see me) I stopped riding motorbikes when they made helmets compulsory,Anti - Royalist me, dunno don't have no truck wi em, Was she topped- I certainly think so. By the way whats Gods Sack? sounds rather vulgar to me.
Old 25-05-2012, 18:24   #33
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Daft fer not wearing a seatbelt- certainly, been guilty of that meself particularly at night,(harder to see me) I stopped riding motorbikes when they made helmets compulsory,Anti - Royalist me, dunno don't have no truck wi em, Was she topped- I certainly think so. By the way whats Gods Sack? sounds rather vulgar to me.
welcome back cashy
Old 25-05-2012, 18:27   #34
Senior Member+

In the book "the accident man" a hitman is setup to kill Diana. He didn't know who his target was and after causing the crash his employers try to kill him. In a twisting turning story that is much like a Bond novel, it tuns out in this fiction version of Diana's death that it was the manufacturers of landmines that had her killed. Makes you wonder if the authors fiction could be somehow close to the actual truth of her death.

Personally I am skeptical about her death-- The Royal Family possibly being nazis and Diana dating a Muslim guy = A recipe for conspiracy
Old 25-05-2012, 18:27   #35
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
By the way whats Gods Sack? sounds rather vulgar to me.
Next to God's crack...

Old 25-05-2012, 18:31   #36
Senior Member+

There's a voting option missing off this poll...

Yes
No
Who gives one?
Old 25-05-2012, 18:40   #37

I'm a sucker for conspiracy theories, but I do think Diana was murdered although in our lifetime we will never know for certain.
I remember her giving a speech shortly before she went away on holiday that summer, saying that when she returned she would have news that would shake the world - this has never been mentioned since. Unfortunately she died before she could impart her news which leads me to the conclusion that it was so shocking it could never be revealed...
How would the establishment or the Royal Family cope with the fact that the mother of the heir to the throne was going to marry a Muslim, or that she was pregnant to a Muslim man?
Additionally she was becoming far too political especially with her interest in landmines and was a definite threat to a lot of people. I rest my case which I think is quite strong and logical (and how clever to blame it on the Al Fayed family for insufficient security) but I think I ought to say that I don't think man landed on the moon either - like I said I'm a sucker for conspiracy theories - but that's for another thread!
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 18:41   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Be quite honest its just another load of conspiracy claptrap, let the woman rest in peace for gods sack
Once again my friend, genius, pure genius
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 18:43   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
I'm a sucker for conspiracy theories, but I do think Diana was murdered although in our lifetime we will never know for certain.
I remember her giving a speech shortly before she went away on holiday that summer, saying that when she returned she would have news that would shake the world - this has never been mentioned since. Unfortunately she died before she could impart her news which leads me to the conclusion that it was so shocking it could never be revealed...
How would the establishment or the Royal Family cope with the fact that the mother of the heir to the throne was going to marry a Muslim, or that she was pregnant to a Muslim man?
Additionally she was becoming far too political especially with her interest in landmines and was a definite threat to a lot of people. I rest my case which I think is quite strong and logical (and how clever to blame it on the Al Fayed family for insufficient security) but I think I ought to say that I don't think man landed on the moon either - like I said I'm a sucker for conspiracy theories - but that's for another thread!
The "news that would shake the world" was that she was going to give up banging every guy she met.
Old 25-05-2012, 18:45   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
There's a voting option missing off this poll...

Yes
No
Who gives one?
Right on, hon. I voted "no"; but "who gives a flying you-know-what" would have been my choice.
Old 25-05-2012, 18:56   #41
Give, give, give member

She didn't die.

Her character was moved to The Windsor Dynasty spin-off soap, The Spencer-Churchill-Carringtons.

The whole car thing was just a dream.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 18:59   #42
JFT96

Has Pam been dreaming while Bobby was in the shower again!

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 19:01   #43
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Has Pam been dreaming while Bobby was in the shower again!
Has Tracie Barlow had another face job
Old 25-05-2012, 19:09   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
The "news that would shake the world" was that she was going to give up banging every guy she met.
Eric I'm shocked, the very idea! I think that given the deal Diana got as a very young girl, she had the right to "bang every guy she met" as a way to get her own back on her husband and his paramour, both of whom should have stood up to the establishment in the first place and not wrecked a young and fragile girl's life for the sake of doing what was considered appropriate.
I'd have done the same myself!
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2012, 20:01   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
In the book "the accident man" a hitman is setup to kill Diana. He didn't know who his target was and after causing the crash his employers try to kill him. In a twisting turning story that is much like a Bond novel, it tuns out in this fiction version of Diana's death that it was the manufacturers of landmines that had her killed. Makes you wonder if the authors fiction could be somehow close to the actual truth of her death.

Personally I am skeptical about her death-- The Royal Family possibly being nazis and Diana dating a Muslim guy = A recipe for conspiracy
This landmine thing complicates the issue. The world's leading manufacturers of landmines are, in no particular order, the US, Russia, China, Italy, and, of course, the UK ... the French make one that realeases numerous little white flags Here in Canada we manufacture one that sprays massive amounts of hot poutine over a large area. So, the Royal Family, and big business in the US, the Russian mafia, etc, etc, get together to off a bathetic bitch who has more photo ops with cute little kids than do Madonna and Mrs. Brad Pitt put together. This makes sense.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..