Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Was Diana Murdered
Yes! 18 69.23%
No! 8 30.77%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-05-2012, 07:25   #91
JFT96

Re: Was Princess Diana Murdered?

Now that is inspired! I had never thought of that.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-05-2012, 07:28   #92
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Now that is inspired! I had never thought of that.
Well if that was the case "Di" would be termed collateral damage. I tend to believe that was the case.
Old 28-05-2012, 08:26   #93
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
The one thing i find odd wi "Dianes" end, Is the fact the majority i have spoke too oer the years seem to think she was topped. In other cases it seems a Minority view?
It's not surprising that belief in Diana's murder is a majority view considering the outpouring of mawkishness when she died. They don't want to believe that someone so young and perceived as so saintly could die by accident.
Old 28-05-2012, 08:35   #94
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
It's not surprising that belief in Diana's murder is a majority view considering the outpouring of mawkishness when she died. They don't want to believe that someone so young and perceived as so saintly could die by accident.
Think thats very close to the truth susie
Old 28-05-2012, 08:38   #95
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
I felt sad when she died and was shocked too, (it was so unexpected) but couldn't "get" the level of hysteria surrounding the funeral. Thought the film "The Queen" pointed out this fact very well -it wasn't really the "British" way was it? Whatever happened to the old stiff upper lip?
Was it really all due to Tony Blair's new "touchy/feely" approach - did it mark a decline or was the country already on the slippery slope and beginning to lose it's back-bone?

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2012, 08:39   #96
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Jill Dando is another case, an incident occuring in broad daylight in a nice urban street and still no one has been prosecuted for it. No one knows who dunit!?
I don't think Barry George would be too pleased to hear that no one has been prosecuted for that murder. OK there is no conviction at the moment but George was tried and convicted but the conviction was quashed after three appeals. He was then tried again and acquitted.
Old 28-05-2012, 09:31   #97
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
I felt sad when she died and was shocked too, (it was so unexpected) but couldn't "get" the level of hysteria surrounding the funeral.
It wasn't really hysteria. Well not the sort of wailing, and shouting you see on the news, when people die in some Latin/Islamic countries.

It was definitely a very weird mood that week, the likes of which I've never experienced before.

The day of the funeral was a beautiful morning, and for London, despite the crowds, eerily silent for our capital city, without the usual drone of traffic. Even the birds were silent. Probably spooked by the hushed masses, stood underneath their trees.

It certainly wasn't how the British normally behave.

Stiff upper lips were discarded, and stranger comforted stranger. As you might hope would happen, after some terrible incident, such as a terrorist attack.

To see thousands of people stand up, and applaud her brother's eulogy, was quite a sight.

All very odd.

I don't know why lots of people went a bit loopy, but I don't think it will ever happen again.

Lips have stiffened, once more.

When anyone dies at a young age, it's very sad.

With Diana, because of the media coverage there'd been about her, for nearly two decades, everyone seemed to think they knew her personally, even if they didn't particularly like her.

That's the only explanation I can come up with, about the mood of the nation that week.

As to was she murdered.

Dodi was a bit of a summer fling.

You'd have thought her two year affair with Hasnat Khan, and her stated intention to marry him, might have been the time to 'take her out'.

Last edited by garinda; 28-05-2012 at 09:36.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2012, 09:40   #98
Resting in Peace

I think most people will agree its always sad to here of some ones death whether you know them personally or not, but what I couldn't really get my head round was the fact that so many people were stood on the streets of London actually crying as if their closest relative or friend had died, It was a sad occasion and without doubt could have been avoided for many reasons, but if is a very big word, if only. Its close on 15 years since she died and she's still not at rest, time to put it to rest once and for all
Old 28-05-2012, 09:45   #99
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I think most people will agree its always sad to here of some ones death whether you know them personally or not, but what I couldn't really get my head round was the fact that so many people were stood on the streets of London actually crying as if their closest relative or friend had died, It was a sad occasion and without doubt could have been avoided for many reasons, but if is a very big word, if only. Its close on 15 years since she died and she's still not at rest, time to put it to rest once and for all
Agreed, but there aren't that many people alive today who personally knew Jesus.

Doesn't stop millions harking on about his untimely death every year.

Let him rest in peace.

Old 28-05-2012, 09:48   #100
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Agreed, but there aren't that many people alive today who personally knew Jesus.

Let him rest in peace.

Well let's hope he can, seeing as he missed the end of the world.
Old 28-05-2012, 09:55   #101
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Let him rest in peace.

Ya but I don't stand infront of a cross every good friday crying my eyes out either
Old 28-05-2012, 09:58   #102
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Let him rest in peace.

You've also got to remember that when he came to earth he knew exactly when he was going to die and how (daddy had told him)he came down on earth to die for use sinners allegedly, personally I think it would have taken more than one visit to achieve that
Old 28-05-2012, 09:59   #103
Senior Member+

The issue is and why I brought it up - it's the Queens Diamond Jubilee and they are all out waving their little flags. I'm left wondering if the system at what ever level had the mother of the 2 Princes bumped off and everyones Oblivious to it!

The issue is; if Diana was alive, would she be a problem to this Royal Charade??? I think she probably would have been a problem to them and that is one motive for it to have happened. My gut feeling tells me she was, more than any other conspiracy theory! The poll say 72% yes - so a lot of people agree.

Last edited by kestrelx; 28-05-2012 at 10:02.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2012, 10:05   #104
JFT96

Quote:

As to was she murdered.

Dodi was a bit of a summer fling.

You'd have thought her two year affair with Hasnat Khan, and her stated intention to marry him, might have been the time to 'take her out'.

No doubt that will be explained away as a Double or Tripple Bluff, or maybe 'that's what they would expect us to do...." type thing or some other.

Personally I love the ignore any rebuttal, such as No Seat Belts being worn by any occupant although the right hand seat front passenger survived, thanks to Mercedes Benz Airbags. Of course it then follows if the Rear Right hand seat passenger had been wearing a seatbelt she would have survived a very survivable car crash.
Or the issue with the French emergency services in particular The SMUR and the fact they treat emergencys different to most of the rest of the world ( dammed French!)
But of course no one said she was not killed, but you get slated if you question a opinion and back that up with some facts.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2012, 10:07   #105
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
You've also got to remember that when he came to earth he knew exactly when he was going to die and how (daddy had told him)he came down on earth to die for use sinners allegedly, personally I think it would have taken more than one visit to achieve that
I don't have to remember, being an atheist.

He was just some nice hippy, who's had a very successful P.R. campaign carried out in his name, in the years following his death.

I can't explain the grief we saw after Diana's death.

Perhaps some people have never experienced the untimely death of someone they knew personally, and like JFK, or Elvis, because of the media, felt some connection to a person they never knew.

Like I said, it was all very odd to witness, but can't imagine it happening again.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..