Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Was Diana Murdered
Yes! 18 69.23%
No! 8 30.77%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-05-2012, 14:31   #121
God Member

Re: Was Princess Diana Murdered?

The whole deal with Diana has to do with her fame ... ordinary folks are allowed to die peacefully, and they quickly slip into oblivion ... perfect; the way it should be. But ... when the rich and famous die ... well, we all know what happens ... hype and bs theories (if it is a rock star or a movie star, drugs have to be involved; it's part of the tabloid scenario) ... "When beggars die there are no headlines seen,/The tabloids themselves blaze forth the death of princesses."

I think that life is much less complicated when one is a nobody ... mmm, that brings to mind a lttle more poetry:

"I'm nobody! Who are you?
Are you nobody, too?
Then there's a pair of us - don't tell!
They'd banish us, you know.

How dreary to be somebody!
How public, like a frog
To tell your name the livelong day
To an admiring bog!

Feel free to wax humorous on the last line
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-05-2012, 15:07   #122
God Member

Since we are waxing lyrical i think this is quite apropriate:

Presentiment is that long shadow on the lawn
Indicative that Suns go down. - Emily Dickinson

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:20   #123
God Member

A film which draws attention to the farce that was the inquest

Unlawful Killing ? the film the British won't get to see | Keith Allen | Comment is free | The Guardian

is banned in UK but has been shown anywhere else.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:53   #124
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
A film which draws attention to the farce that was the inquest

Unlawful Killing ? the film the British won't get to see | Keith Allen | Comment is free | The Guardian

is banned in UK but has been shown anywhere else.
Good post Margaret - for those who can't be bothered reading the article on the link, here is a quote

Quote:
Consider just a fraction of what transpired. Over 100 significant witnesses were not called to the inquest, or refused to appear. Blood tests allegedly proving the drunkenness of the driver Henri Paul were deemed "biologically inexplicable" by a toxicologist. A British crash expert found that Diana's seat belt had not been working. And so on.
This link below explains a bit more about the verdict which blaims Henri Paul and the Paparazzi for "Unlawful killing" ;

BBC NEWS | UK | Princess Diana unlawfully killed
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2012, 22:02   #125
God Member

This article is an eye opener - assassinations happen more often than we think.

Intelligent kill: The dirty art of secret assassination | | Independent Editor's choice Blogs

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2012, 08:55   #126
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
This article is an eye opener - assassinations happen more often than we think.

Intelligent kill: The dirty art of secret assassination | | Independent Editor's choice Blogs
Well professional Hit Men have to earn a living some how, they can hardly sign on at the job centre
Old 26-06-2012, 19:50   #127
I am Banned

Check out how many conspiracy theories there are about the JFK assassination. Nobody wants to believe that a deranged little man could murder one of the most important men in the world. So we get all these conspiracy theories based on mere coincidences. Think about Oliver Stone's film. Oswald was a decent shooter, and he could have and did get off three shots in less than ten seconds. Science and modern forensic analysis have all but proved he was the only shooter.

If you are running from others in a car going 80 or 90 miles per hour - and you may have had a drink or two, the chances are that your reflexes and perception are not going to be as sharp as usual. Also, I don't want to make any enemies, but conspiracy theories are the last refugue of the immature and uneducated mind.
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2012, 08:53   #128
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack View Post
Check out how many conspiracy theories there are about the JFK assassination. Nobody wants to believe that a deranged little man could murder one of the most important men in the world. So we get all these conspiracy theories based on mere coincidences. Think about Oliver Stone's film. Oswald was a decent shooter, and he could have and did get off three shots in less than ten seconds. Science and modern forensic analysis have all but proved he was the only shooter.

If you are running from others in a car going 80 or 90 miles per hour - and you may have had a drink or two, the chances are that your reflexes and perception are not going to be as sharp as usual. Also, I don't want to make any enemies, but conspiracy theories are the last refugue of the immature and uneducated mind.
Well I agree with your last statement Mack, but like me mate, use one of these
Old 27-06-2012, 14:21   #129
Senior Member+

O.K. but sometimes a "conspiracy theory" is only deemed so by those who don't want to accept an alternative to their belief.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2012, 16:49   #130
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack View Post
Also, I don't want to make any enemies, but conspiracy theories are the last refugue of the immature and uneducated mind.
You just did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
O.K. but sometimes a "conspiracy theory" is only deemed so by those who don't want to accept an alternative to their belief.
A 'conspiracy theory' is just that-a theory, until someone proves it.
Show us some proof, not opinions or wild imaginings. Until then the available evidence stands. And available evidence isn't a theory.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2012, 16:59   #131
JFT96

And that's the rub Gordon, they will find numorous you tube video's or conspiracy websites, I have however to see any real proof to any of the most popular theory's.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2012, 17:21   #132
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
You just did!

A 'conspiracy theory' is just that-a theory, until someone proves it.
Show us some proof, not opinions or wild imaginings. Until then the available evidence stands. And available evidence isn't a theory.
Couldn't have put it better myself Gordon, and lets face it there are those about with wild imaginations and a swift hand on the mouse even on here
Old 27-06-2012, 17:27   #133
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
I have however to see any real proof to any of the most popular theory's.
That's because there isn't any, BG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Couldn't have put it better myself Gordon, and lets face it there are those about with wild imaginations and a swift hand on the mouse even on here
If you, BG and me spent a few minutes together I'm sure we could come up with yet another good 'conspiracy theory', Jaysay.
We know at least 18 people on Accyweb would be ready to believe it.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2012, 17:38   #134
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
That's because there isn't any, BG.

If you, BG and me spent a few minutes together I'm sure we could come up with yet another good 'conspiracy theory', Jaysay.
We know at least 18 people on Accyweb would be ready to believe it.
Only 18 Gordon
Old 27-06-2012, 17:44   #135
JFT96

Hehehe

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..