Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-03-2007, 20:09   #16
God Member

Re: Water Bills

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
Wait till they do the re-value, it'll change then for sure

lol she had it re-valued when she finished the work, she bought it for £16,000 its now worth £130,000,still no change
Old 13-03-2007, 20:12   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
lol she had it re-valued when she finished the work, she bought it for £16,000 its now worth £130,000,still no change
But it wasn't re-valued for council tax purposes, probably only for re-sale, they haven't started re-valuing yet I don't think, think they start it this year sometime

Edit - Maybe I should have used rebranding/rebanding rather than re-value

www.ubuntu.com

Last edited by K.S.H; 13-03-2007 at 20:14.
K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2007, 20:12   #18
God Member

teh 'revalue' she had was from a sales perspective, Nowt to do with council tax banding . that is something the council will do and will have sod all to do with what an estate agent says its worth

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2007, 20:15   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Get in touch with the valuation office at Preston and ask them to confirm what the rateable value is of your house. From that we can then work out what UU will charge. It's hard to beleive that a band b property for council tax is twice the water bill of a band a property !!
ooops missed the link off

http://www.voa.gov.uk/where/north_we...ton_office.htm
Old 13-03-2007, 20:17   #20
I am Banned

Quote:
Get in touch with the valuation office at Preston and ask them to confirm what the rateable value is of your house. From that we can then work out what UU will charge. It's hard to beleive that a band b property for council tax is twice the water bill of a band a property !!
Whats that for? water or CT?? I doubt very much they will change my banding

Typical sting the poorer element of society
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2007, 20:18   #21
I am Banned

Tho thanks for thought altho nobody has put about their water prices or said whether theres is same as mine or cheaper or what to give some sort of comparrision for complaint
Old 13-03-2007, 20:20   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
Whats that for? water or CT?? I doubt very much they will change my banding

Typical sting the poorer element of society
It's nothing to do with council tax banding. As Neil said earlier it's about rateable values years ago. The Valuation office will hold the ratebale value for the house that UU are supposed to work off. It's possible that they have the wrong RV
Old 13-03-2007, 20:20   #23
God Member

Quote:
Tho thanks for thought altho nobody has put about their water prices or said whether theres is same as mine or cheaper or what to give some sort of comparrision for complaint
I would if I could find it - looks like its gone in the bin

www.ubuntu.com

Old 13-03-2007, 20:23   #24
I am Banned

Quote:
It's nothing to do with council tax banding. As Neil said earlier it's about rateable values years ago. The Valuation office will hold the ratebale value for the house that UU are supposed to work off. It's possible that they have the wrong RV
I suppose i need to contact UU 1st & find out what the hell they are charging me for - no doubt speak to india & they wont have a clue like last year & previous years of arguing this case!
Old 13-03-2007, 20:25   #25
I am Banned

Quote:
I would if I could find it - looks like its gone in the bin
have u put your new one under file bin already...?? pmsl so tempted with mine lol if u havent got your new one yet - then dread it! its gone up!
Old 13-03-2007, 20:28   #26
God Member

Quote:
have u put your new one under file bin already...?? pmsl so tempted with mine lol if u havent got your new one yet - then dread it! its gone up!
It was the new one, only got it a few days ago, paid by direct debit anyhow so once i've seen how much it is the letters no good is it

Edit - If I remember correctly you get £5 discount for paying by DD

www.ubuntu.com

Old 13-03-2007, 20:29   #27
God Member

well this is how i see it, i get my council tax and housing benefit paid (thankfully) so i never ever moan about paying my other bills, they always get paid on time, i dont see the point in moaning about it
Old 13-03-2007, 20:30   #28
I am Banned

Quote:
It was the new one, only got it a few days ago, paid by direct debit anyhow so once i've seen how much it is the letters no good is it

Edit - If I remember correctly you get £5 discount for paying by DD
LOL yours must of been cheap or not bad to notice hehehehe I dont beleive in the con job for DD i pay when its convienient to me not when banks say so hehehehehe
Old 13-03-2007, 20:32   #29
God Member

Mel, you briefly mentioned a meter. Have you had one? It may be worth you trying one( you get a 6 month option to have it removed if you aren't saving anything.)

You can also try a few tricks. someone I used to work with complained that he didn't use teh waste water limit as he spread his bath water over his lawn, pee'd on teh compost heap and nmerous other 'methods'. Needless to say he did get a refund

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2007, 20:37   #30
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Mel, you briefly mentioned a meter. Have you had one? It may be worth you trying one( you get a 6 month option to have it removed if you aren't saving anything.)

You can also try a few tricks. someone I used to work with complained that he didn't use teh waste water limit as he spread his bath water over his lawn, pee'd on teh compost heap and nmerous other 'methods'. Needless to say he did get a refund
Yeh i had a newer rented house before this one & any house built on or after 1997 had compulsory meters put in, but yet i had fully economic fitting in & a shower which doesn't half cut your water meter bills, in fact less than half im on now, but as my house isnt that economic atm in fact waiting for the council to do their required refit of bathroom, crossing fingers for a shower but if not a point will be put in to sort my own out - then i would reconsider a meter to be fitted But reading on UU website some properties may not be able to handle or support having a water meter fitted.

Tho they did say to me that in 10years or so that most people to nearly all 10yrs + time will have water meters & be the way to go for billing.

Last edited by accymel; 13-03-2007 at 20:39.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..