Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-03-2007, 17:19   #46
Yank in King Art's Court!

Re: Water Bills

Gosh, stories like this make me glad I've got a well and septic system (no, not one and the same). My only water/septic costs is for the well pupm electricity!

Chin up mates!

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-03-2007, 17:45   #47
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Water Bills

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
I dont doubt what the program discussed, but in the real world someone who knows there stuff would be able to Revoke anyone attempting to enter your property.

Is it not after 24 hours they can enter, but again if you refuse entry they have to get a court order.

It is something I persoanally will have none of If I dont want somebody in my house then they arnt getting in unless they have a person of Authority there (Police ect) and Im happy with the ID provided.
Ah! Yes! But how many people in the real world know their rights? Until that programme I thought that I knew that the only people who could enter my flat without my permission were the utility companies and in my case the landlord. Anyone else would need a piece of paper giving them the authority.

The question is, is the piece of paper genuine? I’ve never seen one so how would I know? I mean if notes of the realm can be forged to a degree where most people wouldn’t detect them, a simple court order would be child’s play especially in the current computer age. The same would go for a police warrant card. I’ve never seen one so how would I know if some alleged plain clothes cop showed one to me? You even get fake cops in uniform.

So like you ***Mr D*** no one gets inside my flat unless I personally know them or I might be expecting them or they have photo ID.
Old 14-03-2007, 18:52   #48
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee View Post
Gosh, stories like this make me glad I've got a well and septic system (no, not one and the same). My only water/septic costs is for the well pupm electricity!

Chin up mates!

Brian
I hope your well and septic tank are not too close together
Old 14-03-2007, 18:54   #49
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

My mate is a Custom's Officer. They have more rights to enter than the Police do.
Old 14-03-2007, 20:04   #50
God Member

as I said, the only people who can force immediate entry are GAS and they have to have reason to believe there is a leak. The rest can ASK or get a warrant to enter at some point in the future(even if thats unbeknown to you)

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2007, 21:42   #51
I am Banned

burgulars can enter any house they want and have more rights than anyone

ask anyone whos suffered from a burgular
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..